𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 2023

40k. Deep breathes. Inhale. Exhale. 

Also, more frequent updates starting now! :D

"𝐈- 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 think you wanna know." Y/n finally spoke, tears slipping from her eyes as she violently gasped. She hasn't weeped this hard in a good few weeks. 

She didn't realize she started crying, or that Ghostbur was now hugging her. It took her a moment to take in what was happening. Usually she was pretty good at keeping her feelings in check, and never cried in public unless something truly tragic happened. She survived a war, for god's sake. She should be able to hold in her tears now. It was only a past memory, that probably wouldn't happen again. 

"I'm sorry Y/n, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to make you sad. I-" The ghost started apologizing, his voice expressing disquietude.

"No, no it's not- it's not your fault. I'm sorry for acting this way." The girl apologized, trying to get in control of herself and gently pulling away. She was rather embarrased she just suddenly broke down, and she was as surprised as Ghostbur by her actions.

Her eyes were all puffy, as she gave him a crooked smile to signal she was okay. But he wasn't convinced, as he looked down at her sadly and handed her some Blue.

"Here, this will make you feel better." The brunet assured, as Y/n gladly took the Blue.

Almost instantly, all the sadness in her body slowly drained. It was a wonder how she no longer felt any negative emotions, and that left her a bit confused. She simply blinked in amazement, seeing how the once transparent blob turned lappiz blue. It lightly stained the crook of her hand, leaving some azure colored marks. It didn't bother her though. All that mattered now was that she was currently untroubled. 

"This is amazing." The y/h/c haired girl breathed in astonishment, her eyes trained on the ball in her hand.

"It is." He agreed, noticing her starring at the blob."I'm sorry about the stains. It does that when the negative emotions are overwhelmingly overflowing it, and it can't hold it all. I'm guessing you were really sad."

"I presume so." She shrugged nonchalantly, her shock slowly disappearing. She excitedly turned to the ghost, and put the blue in the chest before her. "Where did you get this entity?"

The brown eyed ghost merely shrugged, a bit confused on why she wanted to put a messy sort of slime ball in her chest. "Do you mind me asking why you put the blue in that chest? Isn't that where you keep the artifacts that mean the most to you?"

"Well, It'd be good for the memories. And this place is full of it." Y/n replied, smiling sadly as she examined the coat one more time before shutting the chest. Her emotions instantaneously changed, now all positive. "You ready to get the bags and start baking?"

"Yep!" Ghostbur beamed as his friend led him to her kitchen, where lay multiple extensive bags all with Niki's bakery logo on them. "This sure is a lot."

"It is, but it's nothing we can't handle." She stated cheerfully, walking over to the first bag and heaving it up. "Well, in all honesty this is exceptionally heavy."

Taking her word for it, the brunet went to the next bag and had a firm grip on it. He suddenly pulled it with all his might, successful holding it. "It's a miracle Niki managed to bring them all here."

"Sure is." The girl agreed, using her arm to hold the first bag (almost like holding a purse, but it's hanging on your arm.) and using the next to carry a smaller bag. "We might be coming back here more then I thought."