Chapter 10

Sinclair carried first the basket and then you on the boat, placing you down on a seat and going up to Angelo. It was obvious Sinclair was telling him about the incident and he looked back at you sadly.

You watched as the boat carried on through the countryside, passing houses, trees and people. This was beautiful and you relaxed, the sun beaming down on you and Sinclair sitting opposite in a blue jumper. He was also taking it all in, enjoying everything. You couldn't get over how much you were falling in love with this man. He was sweet, kind and loving to you, he cared that your foot was hurt, giving little glances when he thought you were not looking at him.

The boat after a little time stopped at a little Ireland in the river and Sinclair picked up the basket and kissed your head. "I will be back" he said. "I promise I wouldn't eat everything" you laughed and left on the boat with Angelo. He came up to you and smiled.

"He likes you" Anglo said.

"He does." you said, smiling.

"That look I see when my late mother and father looked at each other" he said. He made a gesture with his hand. "What do you English people call it?" he clicked his fingers. "amore, adorazione " he smiled. "he holds you in veneration" that's what his accent was, he was Italian.

"I don't think its-" "No no no" Angelo said. "I see the way he looks at you. He looked at Natalie that way, but when she broke his heart he withdrew, never asked poor Angelo for boat ride until today. He has the glint in his eye again, the glint of happiness and off passion" Angelo smiled. "It's nice to see him happy again"

Sinclair came into view and Angelo patted the wheel. "I thank you for packing me some lunch" he said to Sinclair.

"We can't leave the driver hungry" he said.

Angelo smiled and winked playfully at you as Sinclair kissed your head. "You think you can walk?" he asked.

You got up and put some weight onto your foot. It hurt less now but you still winced. You decided to hop toward the edge and onto the shore. Sinclair chuckled as you did so, shaking his head at your efforts, you were so beautiful to him.

Sinclair got onto land and followed your hoping until you sat down on the rug he had laid out. Sinclair crossed his legs and poured some wine, handing you one he started putting sandwiches on plates. He took one and held it in his mouth as he took out some crisps, opening the bag and placing it between you. You watched him do it, the sandwich sticking out at a jaunty angle in his mouth. He waved and you wanted back as he started to eat the sandwich.

"I made the yesterday before I picked you up" he said

"They are delicious" you said.

"You like them?" he asked. "Well, it's my famous fish pate."

"I want to hear more of this pate" you said.

"family secret!" he exclaimed. He wagged his finger and you laughed. "I can't be throwing secret recipes around" his voice softened. "What if there are eavesdroppers." he smirked. "Keep mum remember"

"careless talk costs lives" you answered, finishing the quote.

"Indeed it does" he said, taking another bite of the sandwich.

You were both halfway through the picnic when Sinclair's phone went. He picked it up curiously and placed it to his ear.

"Sinclair Bryant. Who is speaking?" His eyes widened and his lip trembled. "How did you get this number? I changed it" he said, starting to bite his fingernails. "No. No." he said. "You're the one who broke me" he said. "And I have moved on, so get away with that crap" he wiped a tear from his eye and he looked as if he was about to scream. "No. You were the one who cheated, now you want me back?" he laughed angrily. "I have someone new. I moved on. I don't need you to feel special anymore." he paused. "Oh, I'm the asshole am I?". Without a word, he threw the phone in the water. It sank like a stone.