ch.35

self help

"well look who it is." the man i've been dreading to see alive grinned, stopping a few pews away from me.

"and i guess the others know we're here too." gareth spoke, loud enough for the others in the office to hear.

"you don't have to do this, it's not remotely right." i uttered, shaken by his figure standing a couple feet away from me, he laughed looking me in the eye.

"don't worry, i wasn't planning on killing you. just a few of your friends, maybe more." he stated, slowly stepping closer.

"they left me alone, to go find more of our people. they're most likely not coming back, i'm the runt of the group." i panicked, praying for them to believe my lies.

he shook his head letting out a chuckle, "see i know you're lying because we've been watching you." he started, his eyes soon drifting to where the office door was.

"we know who's here. there's melanie of course and bob unless you put him out of his misery already." he grinned, watching my expression turn to disgust.

"... eugene, rosita, martins good friend tyreese, carl... judith."

when he ended his sentence my heart dropped, knowing rick left me here to keep everyone safe but i feared it was now out of my control.

"rick and the rest walked out with a lot of your guns." he stated, inching closer to me as his people spread out along the sides of the pews.

"we have a baby and a kid. don't do this." i warned him, getting angrier as he stepped closer.

"you guys should step out before we take your lovely ninja out with a bang." he yelled loudly for the other to hear, raising his eyebrows at me.

"it wasn't the plan because i like her a lot, but she's the only one not cowardly hiding. she's sacrificing herself for you, might as well not take her for granted."

i rolled my eyes, seeing he was now inches away and if i didn't take my chance, i wouldn't get another.

i swung my gun smacking him in the face with it, pushing him away. his people closed in on me, grabbing my arms, some pointing guns at my head.

gareth shook his head no to the men, holding his face, "unarm her and hold her down until we're done here."

i tried yanking my arms away from them but they wouldn't budge. my eyes watched as gareth walked over to the office shaking the door handle.

    "no!" i screamed to him, worry flooding throughout my body, "take me, kill me, but leave them alone!"

"how would your husband feel about that?what's his name again, glenn, right?"

  "just wait until the rest come back and kill all of you." i gritted through my teeth, giving him a death glare.

    his face turned dark as he moved closer, placing a hand on my cheek. i yelped, feeling his once soft touch turn hard.

"punish her a bit, she needs to know where we stand. the rest of you, let's get this door down!" he told his men causing my eyes to widen.