[44] Sidetracked

"Why are you so hell-bent on finding that albino anyways?" He asked the pale-skinned, long-haired man. 

The said pale-skinned man let out a nonchalant "Hmm...", tilting his head to the side slightly. "He took something he shouldn't have. Something that should be mine." His blank eyes narrow slightly as his face twists upwards into a thin smile. "So I figured... If I find him and put him under my complete control, I could control it as well."

 "A control freak, huh? Well, good luck with that." He scoffs, shoving his hands in the pockets of his coat. 

His response was met by a low chuckle. "And you? As soon as I mentioned that girl (Y/N), you were so quick to make your decision." The pale-skinned man turned his head to face him. "Why is that, hmm?"

He shrugs. "Just another one of my prey."   

 _________________________________

You woke up the next day with an uneasy feeling, but you ignored it. 

With the sun just starting to peek out from the horizon, you, Killua, and Alluka meet up with Ryu and Senka to continue your hunt for Sanguis. 

As you all sat down on one of the outside tables of a local cafe, Ryu leaned back on his chair, letting out a tired yawn. 

"See, Ryu? You should've slept when I told you to instead of digging through the Hunter Website the entire night!" Senka facepalmed, pushing her cup of coffee towards him. "Take this. We have a lot to do today." 

"Hey, at least I found something," Ryu argued back, taking a sip of the coffee. "And something major at that. We're at least sure of something now." 

Senka sighed as she rolled her eyes. "Yeah, okay." 

You tilted your head. "Found something? What did you find, Ryu?" 

"Some leaked CCTV footage of this city from two days ago. Sanguis was in it."

"Wait, what?!" 

Senka nodded, pulling out her laptop. "Ryu saved the footage here." She turned it on and opened the video file, showing it to the three of you. 

The camera quality wasn't that great as everything was pretty much black and white. At first glance, though, it seems like a normal video of one of the city's streets, with some people walking by. 

"Hmm... I don't really see anything weird." Alluka squinted her eyes in an attempt to make out the details of the video. 

You nodded. "I don't really see anything either. Ryu, are you sur–"

"Hey (Y/N)," Killua placed a hand on your shoulder, pausing the video and pointing to a person walking by. "Isn't that him?" 

"Huh?" You leaned closer to the video, looking at the person Killua was pointing at. The familiar dark red of his coat wasn't there, but he had the exact same silhouette as before. 

With furrowed brows, you pressed the play button, watching him walk by in that same leisurely manner as you remember. 

"Y-Yeah... that is him." You found yourself tensing up. Noticing this, Killua gives your shoulder a light squeeze in an attempt to calm you down. 

Ryu scoffs. "The moment I saw that silhouette, I knew it was him." 

Senka takes the laptop back. "Not only that, but my Wandering Eyes caught something suspicious as well," she states. "I wish I had the ability to show you what I saw. Sadly, I'm not a Specialist, so you're just gonna have to trust what I say."