Another Bite

I helped him try and feel better, which somehow he's ok! I mean, how is this possible?! I'm so glad that he's ok, don't get me wrong, I just don't know how this is physically possible. The kids still have no idea what was going on. I would just tell them that he's perfectly fine.

I was laying in bed, reading [Fav/ Book] one night, when Michael had finally climbed into bed with me. "So, what happened with the whole 'incident' at the pizzeria?" I asked.

"Well, we have all of these scrapped animatronics in the alleyway behind the establishment that we need to salvage, but other than that, I'd say pretty good," he replied. "One of them that we finally got up and running again had a malfunction today, so that's all. It's disabled right now, but we're hoping to fix it by Christmas."

"Well, hopefully it is," I said with a smile. I set the book down on the bedside table and kissed Michael's cheek.

"Goodnight, Honey," I said with a yawn.

"Night, Buttercup," he said in response.

---------A few months later---------------

I don't know what's going on honestly. Christian is talking about these nightmares or hallucinations that he keeps on getting. It's been happening for the last few months apparently and he apparently hasn't been getting enough sleep. I'm honestly a little bit sceptical of it, but who knows.

I was at work the entire day one day . "Cut! Alright, that's a wrap for today!" the director said. "Everyone did a wonderful job today!" The actors and actresses left for the day and I finally finished editing the episode and scenes about half an hour later. I smiled as I closed up my laptop. I checked my phone and saw that I had about 50 missed calls, 18 voicemails, and 99+ text messages. 'What the heck is this all about?" I thought to myself. They were all from many different people. People Like Michael, Clarissa, Past Employees. The most were from Michael.

I opened up the first voice mail and listened. It was so glitchy. I could hear the words, "Christian... bit.... Hospital.... Lefty..." No, no, no, this can't be good. I listened to the next one, which was from Clarissa and listened. "Girl, you need to get down here! Michael's been calling you but you aren't answering! Mason and his friends just shoved Christian's head into the mouth of the Lefty animatronic and ended up getting his neck snapped! Go to the hospital off of El Camino Real!" I was shaking and started sprinting out of the building. I got into my car and started driving to the hospital.

I remembered what happened with Chris. Pretty much the same exact thing. And if I could take all of that pain away from him, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

---------------------------------------------

When I got there, I walked up to the front desk and told them who I was here for. She gave me a look and then asked, "Name?"

"[Y/N] Afton," I replied.

"And I'm guessing that you're the mother of Christian Afton?" she clarified. I nodded. "Alright, his room number is 205. Just go down that hall and to the right."

"Thank you so much," I said. I power - walked down the hall until I reached a room with a sign that read '205'. Michael was standing outside of the door and Emily was sitting in a chair in the hallway. He turned to me and I could see tears in his eyes.

"How's he doing? Is he ok?" I asked frantically.

"He's in a coma right now, but Mason's having a little alone time with him," Michael said. Not even two seconds after he said that, Mason walked out. He went straight over to the bench in the hallway, sat down and buried his face into his hands. I walked in and looked at my youngest son's sleeping figure. He looks so peaceful, but at the same time, slightly concerned.

"I know that you can't actually hear me right now, but I just want to say that I love you," I whispered to Christian. "You're my Sunshine, we'll get through this." I closed my eyes and took a few moments to register everything. '

But my thoughts were soon interrupted when some doctors came in and said, "Ma'am, we'll need you to step out."

"Wait, what, why?" I asked. "What happened?"

"Something happened and we need you to leave the room," one said. I wasn't sure what was happening exactly, so I stepped out. I sat down next to Mason and was trying to figure this all out.

I was just sitting and taking deep breaths, trying to calm myself down, when Mason said, "Mom, you're doing your foot taps again." I brought myself back into the real world. I only ever do the fast foot taps whenever I get really anxious. I stopped myself and felt someone put their hand on my shoulder. I flinched and whipped my head around just to see Michael looked down at me.

A few minutes later, one of the doctors walked out. "Michael and [Y/N] Afton," he said. I stood up. "I'm so sorry. He's gone." It took me a few moments to register what just happened. I looked off to the side just before feeling the tears roll down the sides of my face. I looked over at Michael and could already see a few tear drops. He embraced me into a hug. Our youngest son is dead.

---------------------------------------