twelve

Lia woke up to hear Yeji opening the door loudly and screaming "TAEHYUN'S BEEN ADMITTED TO THE HOSPITAL"
Lia sat up straight and got out of bed "SERIOUSLY?! How do you know???"
Yeji said "I'll explain later, wake the rest up first"

Lia went to wake up the boys and Yeji woke the girls up. Everyone threw on hoodies and sweatpants as well as caps or beanies. Yeji told them they had to go down to the clinic. They ran in and saw Yeonjun sitting up looking pale. Yeji ran to him and held his hand and asked "Yeonjun-ah? What's wrong? How come Taehyun is at the hospital?"

Yeonjun gulped and was about to start but the nurse and their headmistress walked in. Headmistress Kim said "Girls, Taehyun has been admitted to the hospital. Yeonjun might be able to explain what happened. I think he needs to be surrounded by friends after what he witnessed"

Headmistress Kim and Nurse Im stepped out and Yuna asked "Unnie, how did you know that Taehyun oppa was admitted"
Yeji said "I was walking downstairs to get some fresh air but I heard Headmistress Kim and Nurse Im talking about it. So I ran back up to tell you guys"

Chaeryoung was quiet and shocked. Everyone else was worried about Taehyun but wondered what happened to him. Beomgyu quietly asked "Hyung, what happened?"
Yeonjun took a deep breath while Yeji rubbed his hands to comfort him "I woke up in the middle of the night because I was thirsty. I was about to call Nurse Im but I saw Taehyun wriggling around violently in bed. He started screaming and his eyes popped open. He looked overall crazy, I stood up and walked to him. As I neared, I saw his pillow was red, blood was pouring from his head. I saw a white string hanging from his ear, I saw him trying to pull it. I screamed for Nurse Im and she came. The rest was a blur, Nurse Im called Headmistress Kim and they called an ambulance. He was transported off and just before you all came, they said he was okay but he needed to recover"

Lia's eyes widened suddenly "Yeonjun, did you say white string from his ear?"
Yeonjun nodded, Chaeryoung realised and gasped and Lia said "You get what I mean right Chaeryoung?"
Chaeryoung burst out crying and everyone huddled over her. Ryujin racked her brains and said "That was an optical nerve right guys?-"
Lia nodded solemnly, Heuning Kai gasped and said "But if he pulled that any longer... Taehyun hyung could have gone blind-"

The rest were shocked and Yeji and Yeonjun gripped their hands tighter. Headmistress Kim walked in and said "I assume you all know about the optical nerve? The surgeons managed to put it back in but Taehyun will need strong glasses after this. And they stopped the bleeding from his head and managed to fix it. The dent on his skull is recovering but I think Taehyun has been going through much more than we realised"

Chaeryoung whimpered and whispered "And to think, it was all because of me!"
Yuna asked "What do you mean unnie? How come you say it's your fault?"
Chaeryoung said "I have been ignoring him, it must have broke his heart and he went crazy"

Nurse Im continued "You all may visit him tomorrow but for now all we can do is pray for the best"

Everyone was at loss, they didn't know what to do. They decided to just pull up chairs and hug each other.

-Time Skip-

Everyone was in their van with Soobin driving, they sat in silence and waited until they arrived. Soobin parked and everyone put on their masks and caps. They walked in quickly hoping no one would notice them, their manager already texted them Taehyun's room number. They filled up one elevator and pressed the 22nd floor.

They looked for room 228. Beomgyu found it and called the rest. He knocked silently and opened the door. They saw Taehyun asleep and he was connected to an IV drip. Chaeryoung slowly walked to him and held his hand caressing it.

Everyone else decided to give them some space and stepped outside. Yeonjun look in and said "Hopefully they're okay"
Everyone nodded and fell silent. Everyone looked up to a girl's voice calling Heuning Kai. Everyone looked up and Heuning Kai stood up and hugged the girl "Ziting! What are you doing here?"
Ziting said "I'm here visiting my brother, he broke his ankle" she looped her arm around Heuning Kai's.

Heuning Kai looked a bit uncomfortable but didn't do anything. Ziting finally noticed Txt and Itzy "Hyuka who are these people?"
Heuning said "These are my friends-"
Yuna was fuming because some girl just showed up and called her Hyuka, Hyuka. She said "I'm Yuna, his girlfriend. These are his hyungs and his noonas.

Ziting stared at her in disgust and said "Wow Heuning, I expected better from you"
Ryujin stood up "No one says that to our maknae. Leave!"
Heuning said "Don't be so mean to Ziting. She has been my friend since middle school"
Yuna scoffed and sat down. Chaeryoung pushed open the door and saw the tension and awkwardly said "We can all go in now"

Ziting asked "Who are you all seeing?"
Heuning Kai started "Ta-"
Soobin was disgusted, this girl was acting so touchy on Heuning Kai in front of his girlfriend "No one, you don't need to know"
Ziting pouted and acted cute "But Hyuka, can I come in?"
Chaeryoung said "No. You may not. You are not a close relative or friend to the patient. Heuning, you're either staying out here with this girl or coming inside without her"

Ziting asked "And who are you to say that? Why are your friends so mean Hyuka?"
Yuna rolled her eyes and dragged Chaeryoung into the room with her. Beomgyu stood up "Ziting go away and you're not coming inside and that's final"
Ziting tried to push through but everyone pushed her back. Heuning Kai asked "Why are you all being so mean to her?"

Ryujin said "Pfttt, Heuning Kai. Really? We can all clearly see that she is being all touchy on you. And acting like she's so important in here. She was rude to Yuna and tried to go in without permission"
Heuning tapped Ziting's shoulder "I have to go in now Ziting. Sorry for them, I'll see you in school"

Lia muttered while going in "Hope we don't see her again. The audacity"
They walked in and saw her covering her eyes and saw Taehyun and Chaeryoung kissing.

Everyone shielded their eyes, Yeji bluntly said "Seriously? In front of Yuna?"