Chapter Thirty-Three

We stayed on Asgard for another week. I trained with Sif and the warriors three every day. We went over archery and swordplay, mostly. I was already pretty good at archery, thanks to Clint.

By the end of the week, I was able to hold my own against Sif for a good two minutes. While Sif and I were sparring the others watched. I slashed at her side, but she dodged. She lunged for my chest, but I parried. She feinted left and I fell for it. She quickly slashed right. It was instinct to grab the sword with my magic. The sword was covered in golden light and wouldn't move. I let go of the sword.

"Sorry, habits, I guess," I said sheepishly.

A loud bell rang in the distance. Once, twice, three times. The warriors glanced at each other before grabbing weapons.

"What was that?" I asked.

"The alarm. There's an attack," Loki said.

"Where's my suit?" I asked.

Loki looked at me for a moment before waving his hand. I was encased in green light for a moment and then I was wearing my Guardian Angel suit.

"Let's go," I said.

Loki teleported us to a courtyard. Heimdall was ordering soldiers around.

"Dark elves," Heimdall said to the other warriors.

Thor nodded and he ran out into the battlefield, Sif and the warriors three following him. I went to follow when Loki grabbed my wrist.

"Y/n..." he began.

"Don't tell me to stay behind," I said. "I can take it. Besides, you wouldn't be able to keep me behind."

Loki just rolled his eyes.

"Stay safe, my love," he said.

We ran onto the battlefield. Chaos reigned all around us. A dark elf came at me with a spear and I disintegrated it with my magic. Loki and I fought back to back for what felt like hours but could have been minutes. 

Loki fighting was the most graceful and yet terrifying thing I had ever seen. He was a blur of green and gold and left gore and destruction in his wake. He was swift and efficient, ending lives within seconds.

I looked over the thousands of elves and saw them dragging something massive in the distance. It looked like the turret of a castle.

"What the hell is that?" I asked Loki as I slashed at an elf with my power.

Loki looked at the thing in the distance and swore.

"Y/n, get behind the lines!" he demanded.

"Why? What is it?" I asked.

"It's a magic tower. It's going to disintegrate the army!" he yelled, slashing his knife across the throat of an elf. "I need you to stay safe!"

I looked to Loki and then to the tower slowly advancing towards us.

"No," Loki said, looking to me.

"I love you," I said.

"Y/n, no!" he yelled, but I was already gone.

I flew through the air to the magic tower. Arrows and spears shot at me, so I created a shield for myself. When I got in range of the tower, I raised my hands and shot out a jet of golden light. The light hit the tower and it immediately crumbled to the ground. I then sped to the ground. The force of my landing knocked elves to the ground within a ten metre radius of me. Elves ran at me and I threw a wave of my power out to take them out.

The elves kept coming. Loki and Thor joined me in the middle of the elven lines. We slashed and stabbed at the enemy.

"There's too many!" Thor yelled, throwing his hammer around in a circle.

I looked around at the elves.

"I can take them," I said.

"No," Loki growled. "You know how much power that will cost."

"I'll be fine, Loki," I said. "I destroyed a power stone, remember?"

"I will chain you to a castle pillar," Loki threatened.

"You do that, and I'll rip it from the ground and fight with it on my damned back," I snarled.

Loki stopped fighting and glared at me. My eyes softened and I grabbed his hand.

"I'll be fine, Loki," I said, touching our foreheads together.

"Will you ever listen to me?" Loki asked.

I laughed and kissed him on the nose.

"Cover me," I said.

I delved into my power. It was like a well, and I dove, heading for the bottom. I knew I would have to use every single drop of my power. More than what I used against Wanda, more than what I used against the power stone. More power than I had ever used before.

The bottom of my power was reached after a few minutes. I pushed up from the bottom and brought my power with me. I struggled to bring it all to the top. When it reached the top, I threw it out in a wave, targeting the elves. My power jumped from one elf to the other, branching off to destroy more elves. The battlefield lit up as I expended my power. Once the glow faded, all that was left was the Asgardian army, and an empty battlefield.