chapter one

Where to start? Hmm... my name sounds like a good spot, ok then hi! I'm Scarlett Moonlight, I'm twenty years old and I have no family. I was thrown out in the trash by some assholes and found by an Omega from the Dark Night Pack.

Before you ask no they have no affiliation with Batman, they are a werewolf pack. I am also a werewolf and was born that way so stop freaking out!

I was raised by this Omega, but she was killed by some rogues when I was twelve. She was my best and only friend till I was six, then I met the Alpha's son and he became my friend too.

Her name was Mary Green, she was eight years older than me, and was in love with the Alpha. She became his mistress at the age of sixteen. I didn't know that till after she died and the Alpha blamed me for it.

She was looking for me at the time because Maverick and I had a fight, he had said mean and hurtful things to me. That he hated me and wished Mary and I would die, so I punched him in the face and left.

I fell asleep in my special place that was hidden behind a small cave, I didn't get back till the next day after the rogue attack was over.

Over the next six years I was beaten and treated like crap, the last straw was when Maverick rejected me as his mate. I accepted and left, fuck staying there I was done with that shit!

It's been two years since then and I'm so glad I left! I've been living in Arizona among the humans. I make jewelry and other artsy things and sell them.

I saved up money and bought land, now I don't have to worry about being shot or something. Right now I'm laying down enjoying the weather as my wolf. I love my wolf, her name is Kohaku (it means Amber in Japanese). Our fur is a golden amber color and our eyes are gold.

She took it really hard when Mavrick and his wolf Jet rejected us, she had loved them with everything we had. I did too till he broke my heart and started beating me. His rejection gave me all I needed to leave, its easier when there's nothing to hold you down.

I lost everything I had which wasn't much, at twelve. I guess in a way I should have thanked him for setting me free. If not for losing Kohaku for a year, it would have been the best gift he could have given me.

It was hard at first, to survive on my own. I lived in shelters for a few months till I got a job that payed extremely well. Ok dont laugh, but I was a phone sex operator. I didn't know that it was a thing, at first it grossed me out, then I had to try not to laugh.

I did well enough to make enough to buy one hundred acres of land and make my home. I still help the agency from time to time, but my art is my passion.

The best part of the phone gig is I can do it from anywhere and I'm untraceable. I had to stop coming in because I had had a stalker for a while. It wasn't another werewolf luckily but I couldn't just kill the guy either so it's better I dont go in.

Sighing I stretch out my back and get up, walking home I just take my time, till I pickup a sent of a werewolf on my land.

Oh hell no, where the hell did they come from and why are they here? Running to where their smell is coming from, I don't want them on my land I prepare to defend what's mine.

It's a male wolf and he has power, not enough to take me but he must be one of the top wolves where hes from. He appears to be trying to seem nonthreatening. To emphasize that he shifts from his chocolate brown wolf to his human form.

"Hello Scarlett I dont know if you remember me but I'm the Gamma of the Dark Night pack, I came here because I need to talk to you can you shift please?" He asks, he looks tired.

Huffing I go ahead and shift, "what are you doing on my land and what could you possibly need to speak to me for?"

"The pack needs you to return, the Luna died and alpha is dying Maverick needs you," he says softly.

"No he doesn't, he has his Luna already, he doesn't need me. Look I'm sorry he lost his mother and will soon be an orphan but I really dont understand why you would need me to return. I have no connections with your pack." I'm starting to get a bad feeling.

"Stacy found her mate, he was a rogue that had came onto our land when we were attacked five months ago. She released him from the cells and ran away with him last month.
Maverick is alone and he now knows the truth, you never knew about the Alpha's indiscretions. His behavior towards you was despicable and he knows it, hes haunted by it." He sounds a bit disturbed by the knowledge that his soon to be former Alpha and future Alpha have this in their past.

"Look I have a good life now, I'm sorry things are going down the drain so to speak but I'm not going back. You can tell him I died or you never found me, but we're done here. I can see you're fatigued so I'll feed you and let you rest a bit but then I want you to go. Or you can just leave now alright?" I ask trying not to revert to the girl who would have just beat his ass.

"Very well, Thankyou for the offer, I've been running for quite awhile now a rest sounds great," his sincerity ringing through.

Nodding I turn towards my house leading the way. "No way I'm going back!!!"