Yours

Chapter 12

As I sit in the hospital waiting room my head pounds and my vision begins to blur with tears once again, I stare at the same tile on the ceiling that has captured my eyes for hours. I can see people are talking to me from my peripheral vision but their words cannot be heard.

That is until Bray grabbed my shoulder and snapped me out of my trance that's held me for days, "Elaine...you've been here for almost 2 days without food or sleep...we all think it's best if-" My swollen eyes meet his, I know what they all think, "we all think it's best if you go back to the house...get some rest, eat, shower and then come back..."

I humorously laughed slowly removing my feet from underneath me and walking to the exit. I know i'm walking but I can't feel it. I can't feel anything.

————-

*2 Days Earlier*

The sun was coming up by the time any of us went to sleep, the whole night consisted of all of us, minus King, getting completely wasted. I mean absolutely shitfaced.

"Good morning" I said turning onto my side, folding my hands under my head, staring at King who was already looking back at me. He slightly smiled before pushing a stand of hair behind my ear.

"I want to take you somewhere today, just us."

I wonder if he's finally gonna kill me...if he bought me food first I think I might willingly let him...that's terrible to say, never mind.

"Okay, i'll be ready in an hour" I smiled before rolling myself out of bed, getting out of bed everyday really shatters my heart sometimes.

After taking a shower, I threw my hair into a bun due to how hot it really is here, put mascara on and looked through my bag for an outfit.

"I need a fucking aspirin" I mumble to myself before pulling out a white dress that stops at my mid thigh, "good enough"

After I finished getting ready I stared at myself in the mirror wanting to go back into bed, I walked down the stairs and met King in the kitchen.

"Oh shit..." Bray whispered under his breath, "My eyes are up here." I said unimpressed by how fast men's eyes travel to the wrong places.

Before any of us knew it, King threw Bray from the kitchen to the living room couch, "Well at least you made it to the couch"

I shot a look at King before grabbing his hand and heading out the door. "Let's not get anyone killed today beautiful, agreed?" I rolled my eyes and sat on the edge of his car leaning out the window, letting the warm breeze hit my body.

Kings eyes occasionally met mine, an emotion that I couldn't recognize danced in them. The ride was silent, it was not an awkward silence,it was more of a comforting silence.

When the car stopped I noticed we arrived at jewelry store. I gave him a questioning look, he dismissed my look and exited the car, opening my door and taking my hand, helping me out.

When we entered the store the lady behind the counter greeted him with an extra flirty attitude. Brushing off the jealousy that overcame me, I wandered around looking at all of the beautiful jewelry.

I smiled when I noticed a ring that reminded me of my mother's, it was a silver ring with a very light blue diamond in the shape of a heart with clear diamonds boarding it. My father had given it to her as a promise ring when they were in high school. I never understood why she always kept it close to her, even after he left us, but she never took it off.

Before she passed she gave me her ring band...she wanted me to have a part of her ring, while she kept the other. The ring she wore wasn't in the shape of a heart though, it was more oval shaped.

"We will take this one" I quickly looked over at King who must of been staring at my facial reactions the entire time, "What? You don't have to-"

"Her size is 6" I scrunched up my face, "How do you know my ring size?" He smirked looking down at me and shrugging.

As the lady began to say the price King stopped her by handing her his card and shaking his head. She nodded slightly smiling, but I could tell he scared her, he knows he does too, I can tell by the smile on his face when she quickly looked down at the counter.

He took the box from her hand before leading me out the door and back into the car. When the car stopped once again we were in front of a restaurant.

Oh thank God, if I didn't eat soon I was probably going to fall to the floor.

"Now when you eat, maybe you won't walk so fucking slow."

"Sorry i'm not 6'5 with long strides."

I wonder what else is long...I nod in agreement with myself before laughing.

"Why do you always randomly laugh."

"Probably because i'm hilarious.".

He rolled his eyes and grabbed my hips helping me out of the car, his hand slid around my waist and down my back, "watch it King" I warned, laughing. "Can we go, i'm hungry"

————-

We sat and ate and he actually had conversations with me that were full sentences.

"By the way you are not that funny." He said before taking one of my fries.

"What is your obsession with taking my fucking fries?" I took a fry from his plate before continuing, "and i'm hysterical."

"Said no one ever"

I held my hand over my heart, dramatically gasping, "Breaking my heart King, you're breaking it."

"We have one more place to go" I smile, just enjoying the moment with him, the one who talks and shows some amount of emotion.

———-

"Come on, we're almost there" He drags me along the dock before we reach the end and he sits down, "i'm really out of shape" I sit down next to him, folding my legs beneath me.

I stare down at the water lost in thought, I wonder what my mother would think of me now, would she be proud? Everything I do is for her...she used to be my only reason to live, but sitting here looking at the sunset, listening to the waves, and sitting next to him...i've found another reason.

King grabs my hand and slides the ring onto my finger, "it looks good with the band." I smile down at the ring and then up at him, "you know you didn't have to do that.."

It's been about 2 months since we met, since he's lived in my apartment with me. I'll never understand why he still chooses to stay in my small apartment when he has a huge penthouse, but he stays.

"Be mine"

My eyes meet his, "hm?"

"I want you to be mine and only mine."

I hold back a smile while hanging my legs off the dock, looking up at the sky, "I don't know...i'll have to think about it"

He grabbed my chin, making me look at him giving me an unimpressed look, "this is why i'm so much more funny then you." He rolls his eyes before releasing my face, I smile looking over at him, "yours."