chapter eight

Kira managed to persuade Gary to let us out by promising him a batch of cookies on his desk on Monday morning. We were sitting on the concrete stairs with our bags. Waiting for our lift.

“How far is your place?’ Ryan asked.

“Dunno, probably like thirty minutes away or so.” I shrugged.

After a few minutes a black Mercedes SUV appears at the iron gates. Once opened, the car drove up the gravelly path and stopped right in front of us. As it was parked I almost ran down the stairs.

A certain blue-eyed blond stepped out of the driver’s side with a cocky grin. “Hey, you”

“Hey, yourself” I go in for a hug, his familiar oceanic scent filled my senses making me relax in his embrace. 

“Who are your mates?” He asked, pulling away.

“Oh,” I cleared my throat before introducing everyone. “That’s Ryan, Blake, Tristan, Percy and you already know Kira.”

He waved and smiled. “I’m Charles, nice to meet you all.” 

We headed to the car and Charles opened the door open for us.

“I call shotgun!” Blake suddenly exclaimed.

“Why?”

“Cause there's a hot British man driving, why else?” He deadpaned. I saw everyone rolling their eyes, except for Charles who's chuckling to himself.

The whole ride consisted of Blake chatting Charles' ear off some of them intrusive. Charles managed to dodge a few questions by laughing awkwardly and not upsetting Blake. 

Kira thought playing music would somehow shut him up but that only resulted in him belting out the lyrics of every song played. 

We were all fed up.

 "Blake, shut up!" Percy voiced for the rest of us. 

"Jealous much." He scoffed.  

The car went silent and Kira's music comfortably played in the background.

We were about fifteen minutes away from my house when Charles decided to spark a conversation. 

"So," He cleared his throat. "Nessa, did you decide on joining the dance squad or not?" 

Before I could answer, Blake’s head rapidly turned to me. I think that gave him whiplash. 

"Dance? You dance?" He questioned. 

"No." I answered simply. 

"She used to." Charles said, I glared at the back of his head in hopes that he could feel it. 

“You any good?" He raised an eyebrow at me. 

I shrugged. "I guess."

"Don't downplay yourself." Charles gave me a look through the rear view mirror. "She's fucking amazing. I've actually got a few videos from-"