Blood of Phoenix

Flamel Manor | June 31st | 3 PM

A pop sound accompanied the apparition of Nicholas Flamel, as he appeared inside the basement of the Flamel Manor. Flamel looked at the baby in his hands and took him up the stairs.

"Perenelle! Where are you?"

An old woman was waiting for Nicholas as he climbed the stairs. She reached forward and took the child from Nicholas and took him to a room in a secluded corner of the manor. The room was covered with strange symbols and drawings. Very few wizards would recognize them as Celtic Runes.

"What happened to the boy? He is so pale. Surely you did not apparate with a 10 days old baby!"

Nicholas normally would sheepishly look away, but he was very serious at the time because he understood that the condition of the boy was very serious.

"The impact of the diffindo curse on the shield impacted the boy. He needs to be put in a static inducing rune. If he is indeed the descendant of that man, we are obliged to help him."

Perenelle was a qualified healer, while she was not the best in her field, she was one of the top healers. She put the baby on a pedestal in the middle of the room and pulled a lever in the side of the room. Suddenly all the runes in the room lighted up, as magic filled them.

Charlus rose up and floated mid air. Nicholas and Perenelle left the room to discuss what would happen to the boy.

"Now tell me, what vision did you see that made you send me to rescue that boy?"

"He is the descendant of that man. We are forever indebted to him for helping us. This small thing is our responsibility. I think we should heal him and give him back to his parents. No one should know that we are involved. If they know the relation between the Potters and us, they might threaten us with them and that will endanger their lives."

"What should we do with the boy? His organs were impacted. The only thing that can heal him is a tear of a phoenix, but where would we get that from without Dumbledore knowing?"

"We might not have tears, but we have the blood of his phoenix, it has the same healing properties. The boy can take it."

"He won't be human anymore! He would be discriminated against by the society! You know how the society reacts to things they don't understand."

"Let them! What is important? His life or how difficult it might be in the future for him to make friends? We need to act quickly, or he might die!"

Nicholas did not want to use the blood of the phoenix, but he understood that he did not have a choice. He knew the value of life, being a person who extended his life at the cost of seeing friends and family die.

He went to the store room and moved the third shelf to the right and revealed a hidden compartment. He tapped the door to the compartment with his wand and it opened. He took the diamond box in the compartment. He closed the compartment, put back the shelf and left the room.

He entered the secluded room. Perenelle was to the side, observing Nicholas. She was ready to come close should anything go wrong. Nicholas opened the box and levitated the single drop of blood from the box with his wand. The blood was golden in colour, and had multiple patterns on it, making it seem mysterious. He slowly made it enter the body of the baby. Once it entered the mouth of the baby and down the esophagus into his stomach, Nicholas let go.

The baby suddenly started crying. Perenelle heard the crying and was ready to move in but Nicholas stopped her.

"No! Pain is part of the process."

2 hours later, the baby stopped crying. Nicholas slowly levitated the baby down and rested him on the pedestal.

"He is unconscious. He will possibly be in a coma. We need to get some nourishment for the boy."

Nicholas heard his wife say this and nodded in agreement.

"Maxy!"

A house elf popped into the room.

"You called Maxy Master?"

"Yes. Get some nourishing potion from the potions cabinet."

"Yes master."

Maxy left the room and returned a few second later with a few vials in hand.

Nicholas conjured a bath tub and filled it with water. He then took thee baby and dipped him in the tub and pulled him out quickly. He repeated the process 4 times, before resting the baby on the pedestal.

"Do this with him 5 times a day, with a 4 hour gap between each time Maxy."

"Yes master."

Nicholas and his wife left the room and the baby in it.

Inside the baby, the golden drop of blood of the phoenix continued merging with the baby's blood, losing it's gold colour. If someone would see this, he would think that the drop was slowly becoming human. But that was not the case. If one observed closely, he would be able to see a hint of gold in the boy's blood.

A night approached, Charlus' dark blonde hair started glowing, and became lighter at a abyssally slow pace, as the colour approached the same colour as the few odd strands of hair on his head.