Realization

Potter Cottage | 31st October 1981 | 7:08 PM

"James! Lily!"

Sirius rushed to the potter cottage immediately after he received a Patronus from James. He went into the rubble, and shouted. He took out his wand and cleaned the whole mess. He looked around and did not see anyone. When he was losing hope, he heard a crying sound. He went towards it and saw his godson in his mother's arms, right in front of his cradle.

Sirius bent down, with tears in his eyes. He picked up Harry from the ground and raised him. He tried to console him, but he was unable to, as he was distracted by his own emotions. He went out of the bedroom, and found James dead in the living room, right in front of the door. Sadness engulfed Sirius when he saw his best friend laying dead across the floor.

A huge man opened the door and went inside. He had to bend a little to fit in the house. He saw Sirius and said, "Sirius." He bent down and patted his back. "They were great people. I'm sure they'd want you to move on. I have to take Harry. Dumbledore's orders. Said that there was a blood protection thing that will protect Harry." He wiped a tear from his eyes and took Harry from Sirius.

"Wait," Sirius said. "Take my motorcycle. I have something else to do."

Out of the three emotions swirling inside Sirius, sadness was only one. The other two were anger and guilt. The only way Voldemort could know where the Potter Cottage was was if Peter betrayed them and told Voldemort. Sirius couldn't control his emotions and went to find Peter.

Sirius first went to Peter's hiding place, but found no struggle. His anger grew, as this gave evidence to Peter's betrayal to the Dark side. He decided that he would kill Peter to get revenge for the Potters.

____________

St. Charles Street, London | 1st November 1981 | 8:35 PM

The following day, 1 November, Sirius cornered Peter on a street in London, intending to kill Peter for his betrayal. He sent a cutting curse at him, intending to finish him of quickly. However, Peter was too quick and set off a Blasting Curse. This blasting curse missed Sirius by a lot, but it hit a truck containing gas containers. This created a blast, killing twelve muggles. While Sirius was distracted bye the huge explosion, Pettigrew used the distraction to cut off one of his fingers and turned into his Animagus form - a rat.

A few minutes later, Aurors arrived, only to find Sirius kneeling on the ground, muttering to himself, "I killed them. I killed them."

_____________

4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | 1st November 1981 | 9:00 PM

"You don't mean – you can't mean the people who live here?" asked

Professor McGonagall.

"Headmaster — you can't. I've been watching them all day. You couldn't find

anyother people who would be a worse choice. Harry Potter can't live here!"

"It's the best place for him," said Dumbledore firmly. "His aunt and

uncle will be able to explain everything to him when he's older. I've written

them a letter."

"A letter?" repeated Professor McGonagall faintly, sitting back down on

the wall. "Really, Dumbledore, you think you can explain all this in a letter?

Every child in our world will know his name!"

"Exactly." said Dumbledore, looking very serious. "It would be enough to turn any boy's head. Famous before he can walk and talk! Famous for something he won't even remember! Can you

see how much better off he'll be, growing up away from all that until he's ready to take it?"

Suddenly, a rumbling sound caught the attention of the pair. They looked up to find Hagrid landing on to the ground on a flying motorcycle. He had Harry resting in his arms. He got up the motorcycle and walked toward the two professors. He stood bulkily over them, like a bodyguard.

"Where did you get the motorcycle Hagrid?" McGonagall was curious about the origin of the motorcycle.

"Oh. Young Sirius lent it to me. He said he had something to finish."

McGonagall's face paled and she exclaimed, "Sirius Black! He's a fugitive. He's the one the Potters made their secret keeper. He's the one who joined Voldemort. How could you just borrow his motorcycle Hagrid? He could have killed Harry for his master!"

"I don't think so Professor. He had Harry in his arms and he was crying when I came to the cottage. I don't think he betrayed the Potters. You know how thick they were."

"You don't understand Hagrid. He murdered Peter!"

"Now now," Dumbledore chided. He took Harry from Hagrid's arm, conjured up a basket and placed Harry in it along with a letter. "We are forgetting what's important, Harry."

The former two quieted down, as they gave their goodbyes to the boy. They left the boy in the basket.

The next day, the Dursleys found Harry, and the first thing they noticed was his lightning shaped scar.

__________

December 21st 1981 | 7:32 PM

A realization struck Dumbledore. If the person who was in cahoots looked like Peter, then it was most probable that Peter was the one who betrayed the Potters. Sirius was arrested and directly sent to Azkaban, but he wasn't convicted, as he never underwent a trial.

Dumbledore looked at Charlus. The only reason he sent Harry to his magic hating relatives was the blood protection that anchored itself to his blood relatives. Now that Charlus, Harry's blood brother was still alive, Harry could live with anyone, as long as Charlus was present too. And regarding who, Dumbledore would decide after conducting a formal and proper trial of one Sirius Black.