3 Years Later

Black Manor | 7th June 1984 | 9 AM

A figure speeded through the woods. The figure was chasing a deer. This figure was Charlus. He was nearing 7 years old. He looked leaner and mature for his age though. This was because of the dual reasons of having Phoenix blood in him and being in the mind affecting time bending room for 2 months rather than one.

He was very fast, and he would get Britain a gold in the Olympics if he was trained properly. However, he still couldn't catch the deer. In the end, he was limited by his 6 year old body and lack of stamina. He sat down on a rock beside him. He was panting and sweat was dripping off his face.

A few minutes later, a dog came and sat in front of him. Charlus looked at the dog and suddenly paled. He stood up and tried to run away. However, due to his lack of stamina, and the fact that the dog was quite fast, he wasn't able to get far.

The dog started biting Charlus' ass.

"Ow! Ow!" Charlus covered his ass with his hands. "Padfoot, I'm sorry! Ow!"

After a few minutes, the screams stopped. Sirius transformed from his Animagus form and looked at Charlus.

"Harry is waiting for you. He didn't eat breakfast yet. Next time you go out during the morning into these woods without my permission, you will be grounded for a week."

Charlus nodded. He understood that his godfather was not joking. The first time he sneaked out into the forest, he was grounded for a month.

The two left for the manor, and reached in a few minutes. Harry was at the door to the backyard(forest). It was a very beautiful scene, a 3 year old standing and waving at 2 grown ups.

______

After breakfast, Sirius took Charlus with him to his study. He converted one of the bedrooms into a study for use 2 years ago. There was no study in this manor since this was supposed to be a vacation home.

"Charlus. I want to ask you a very simple question. Do you want to start studying magic now, or when you are eleven? If you start now, you will get a solid foundation. After 1 year, you can choose between Beauxbatons and Hogwarts."

Charlus had a lot of curiosity. This was why Sirius asked Charlus. Normally, families did not introduce magical knowledge into the education of a child until his formal schooling started because they felt it was not worthwhile to spend lot of time into teaching uninterested kids. Sirius however, felt that Charlus was capable of learning before hand, as he was very smart.

"I want to learn."

"Very good. This does not mean you are getting your wand anytime soon. You will only get it when it is required."

Sirius then took Charlus to the library.

"I keyed you in to the wards. You only have basic access. Other than basic materials and concepts, you will not be able to access any other information. You cannot take books out of the library either. If you want food, ask for Tonky."

Sirius gave his instructions and left Charlus in the library, while Charlus was in awe at the mass of books that surrounded him.

___________

Black Manor | 21th June 1984 | 8:30 AM

The fire of the fireplace in the hall suddenly flashed with a green fire. A tall man stepped out of the fire place. He looked around the hall but found no one other than him. He sighed and walked out towards the living room.

In the living room, he found the Potter brothers playing with each other. Charlus was helping Harry build a tower using some blocks. He was about to go towards them when he was knocked down by a huge black dog.

The commotion made the heads of the brothers turn.

"Uncle Remus!"

The person who came to the manor was none other than Rems Lupin, one of the marauders, and the only link between them and the outside world.

"Happy Birthday champ. What do you want for your birthday?"

Remus had come that day to wish Charlus on his birthday. Charlus simply hugged his uncle and whispered in his ear.

"Take us away from here. Padfoot is torturing us."

Charlus whimpered in Remus' arms. Remus laughed at this and joke, "Oh. Did he bring out his lash? I tell you, his mother was even worse, her lash had spikes."

"No! He's not taking us outside. I'm so bored!"

Sirius, who was pushed away by Charlus when he jumped into Remus' arms was listening to the conversation. He said, "You can't go out Charlus. You could be in danger. You know that you and your brother are famous."

"But you'll be there. If they can harm me when both of you are there, they'll pro'lly be able to harm us at school when we go."

Charlus' whining had some sense. Both the adults recognized that they owed the brothers a trip to the outside world.

"Alright. We can go."

Charlus started jumping in excitement. Harry couldn't comprehend what the conversation was about, but he joined jumping with his brother.

Remus left the brothers alone and looked at Sirius. He took out a newspaper from his robe's inner pocket and gave it to Sirius.

"You will have to be very careful. I won't be coming because I have some work with the werewolf colonies in Albania."

_______

DAILY PROPHET

WHERE IS OUR SAVIOUR?

- by James Norland

The Daily Prophet would like to question the guardians of our savior, Harry Potter, this- Where is he? The public has not seen the child since Voldemort's defeat on 31st October 1981. It has been2 and half years, and the public deserves a sight of the great warrior.

Did something happen to the savior? Was Dumbledore irresponsible in giving custody of Harry Potter to Sirius Black? Are the rumors that Sirius Black was an irresponsible prankster in his Hogwarts day true? Check out page 6 for detailed information.