Chapter Six

Glancing up in the rear-view mirror her eyes narrowed as she saw the car following close behind. Clutching tighter on the steering wheel she took a deep breath as she pressed down harder on the gas. This was quite possibly the best moment in her life as she was driving Derek Hales black camaro. Stiles and Scott were sat in the back urging her to go faster and faster.

They were in a car chase. An actual real life car chase and it was just as thrilling and terrifying as watching them in the movies and on video games. "Faster! Faster!" Stiles urged as he slammed his hands down onto the seat that she was sat in.

"Stiles, I have two children in the car I can't go too fast because if we crash I'm not having two kids deaths on my conscious!" She snapped but still moved quicker regardless. Although, Stiles had already found his new argument growing far too annoyed with everything she had to say.

"You're not even that much older than us!"

"Hold on," she grit out and both of them did. Just as she got to the end where there was only one turn, she pressed onto the breaks as hard as she could whirling the car around before coming from the direction she came from.

"Oh right, yeah!" Both the boys cheered. It didn't seem to matter much as the Argent was just as quick enough to follow behind them.

"Hayley, I don't think you're grasping the concept of a car chase, here..." Stiles began as the Argent began to catch up.

"If I go faster, I'll kill us," she added on, "and unlike Scotty, we don't have supernatural healing," she argued continuously glancing up into the rear-view mirror.

"Well, if you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us!"

Glancing up again her brows furrowed, "they're gone," she said. Stiles quickly pulled out his radio and tuned into the right station.

"All units, suspect is on foot heading into the Iron Works." Stilinski said and Hayley took that as her cue to go to the same place.

Spotting the familiar man on the way she came to a slow leaning over and throwing open the door, "get in," she urged as it wasn't his initial reaction. He did as told and the moment the door was shut she began to drive again.

"What part of "laying low" don't you understand???" Scott snapped his voice filled with exasperation and Derek glared at him through the mirror.

"Damn it, I had him!"

"The alpha?" Hayley questioned.

"Yes! He was right in front of me, and the friggin' police showed up." Derek growled.

"Er, don't you shout at me young man," she snapped and they looked at her confused.

"I'm older than you," Derek pointed out and she shrugged.

"Fine then, don't you shout at me old man," she snapped mocking the same tone she'd used seconds prior. The car was left in silence not knowing how to respond before Stiles cut in.

"Okay, never mind that, they're just doing their jobs--"

"Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state!" Derek growled glancing over at both Scott and Stiles.

"Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumbass mistake. I get it." Scott asked.

"Wait, you were the ones who framed him?" Hayley asked and at the silence she briefly looked back at them not wanting to take her eyes off the road for too long at a time, "let me guess, you framed him for his sisters murder as well?! Scott, when we get home you are so dead."