Chapter Fourteen

Stiles was crying out in pain as Erica's claws were digging into his arm, Erica was dragging both him and Hayley through the halls of the school and into the swimming pool - a questionable location. Having had enough of it, Hayley bat at the blonde's arm trying to get it off of her. "Get your greasy teenage hands off my body!" She snapped and as they finally came face to face with Derek, she slammed the heel of her boot onto Erica's toe forcing her to let go off her.

Stiles looked up at Derek as Erica walked to stand behind him. He was clutching at a basketball as if he was trying to look like he was supposed to be there. "Stiles," he greeted and Hayley rolled her eyes at his stance, "Hayley," he added on.

"Derek," Stiles countered.

"What did you see at the mechanic's garage?" He asked and Hayley began to grow irritated. He'd straight up gas-lighted her when she had told him and so the fact that he was willing to believe Stiles and not her was becoming impossible.

"Uh, several alarming EPA violations that I'm seriously considering reporting...oh and Hayley...she was buying a lot of food... like a lot..." he added on and Derek pressed his claws into the basketball squishing out all of the air, "hold god."

"Is that supposed to be a metaphor...because I'm not buying it," Hayley added on crossing her arms.

"All right, the thing was pretty slick looking. Um, skin was dark, kind of patterned. Uh, I think I actually saw scales," Stiles trailed off, "Is that enough? Okay, because I've somebody I really need to talk to-" seeing the look Derek was giving him he quickly began to talk again, "all right, fine. Eyes... Eyes are, um, yellowish, and slitted. Um, has a lot of teeth... Oh, and it's got a tail, too!"

"Oh look, that's exactly what I said!" Hayley snapped, but Derek wasn't looking at them but instead at the ceiling and both him and Erica looked like they knew exactly what they were talking about.

"Are we good? What? Wait, have you seen it? You have this look on your faces like you know exactly what I am talking about..."

Stepping forward, Hayley turned around so that she could see what they were looking at and seeing the lizard like creature crawling across the ceiling the nausea quickly began to rise and a siren went off in her ears. Feeling a hand on her arm, she glanced down as Derek pushed her behind him.

As the kanima hissed, Stiles ran over to the three to see what it was and the creature jumped down. Erica was the first to make a move, but before she could even try and make an attack it swung out its claws and scratched her. She flew against the wall unconscious.

Derek crouched down preparing to attack and a roar left his lips. Derek quickly pushed the two humans back trying to urge them to leave, "run!" He shouted, but the kanima swiped out again, except Derek couldn't work out what had happened.

"Derek, your neck!" Stiles said, just as Derek stumbled back beginning to fall and Hayley was the first to react as she jumped forward catching him.

"God, you're heavy," she groaned out forcing Stiles to jump forward and help him up himself. The pair tried to guide him away although they were struggling considering he was so heavy.

"Hey, come on. Where is it? Can you see it?" Stiles asked as they looked around although that didn't seem to make much difference considering Derek was now paralysed enough so that he couldn't move his neck and both Stiles and Hayley were essentially dragging him across the pool.

"I can smell it. Please, hurry. Call Scott!" He urged.

Stiles dug in his pocket for his phone, but immediately it flung out of his hands. As he bent over to pick it back up, all the weight went over to Hayley and not expecting it her ankle rolled beneath her and both of them began to fall into the pool, "Stiles!" Both of them shouted as they crashed into the water.