Chapter Twenty-Three

The news that they knew where both Erica and Boyd were had brought a new plan into action, and that was how they all (Stiles, Scott, Peter, Derek, and Hayley) ended up in the loft discussing a plan. Peter was sat on the stairs a short distance away whilst Hayley had claimed the chair at the table wanting to be apart of something. She wouldn't even be able to be there to discuss the plan if it wasn't for the fact that it was taking place in the loft. The loft which now had a space heater in almost every room.

"Okay, you see this?" Stiles asked, as he pointed towards a collection of blue-prints, "this is how they got in-- it's a rooftop air conditioning vent, leads down inside into the wall of the vault, which is here. Okay?" He asked, looking between them all, "One of the robbers was lowered into this shaft. Now, that space is so small, it took him about twelve hours to drill into that wall, which is stone, by the way. Then, throughout the rest of the night, they siphoned the cash up to the guys back on the roof through that one little shaft in the wall. Boom!" He called out, excited that everything was happening and that he'd worked out a plan.

"Can we fit in there?" Scott asked.

"Yes, we can, but very, very barely. And, they also patched the wall, obviously, so we're gonna need a drill of some kind." Stiles added on.

"What about a sledgehammer?" Hayley cut in, "I have three if you need one," she offered and Scott looked at her confused.

"Why do you have a sledgehammer?"

"I stole them off dad," she confessed, and Scott's face turned even more confused as he tried to understand why she had so many and why she was stealing them from their father in the first place.

"Well, I was thinking maybe a diamond-bit-" Stiles began, preferring the idea of his drills when Derek cut in growing impatient.

"Look, forget the drill-"

"Sorry?" Stiles asked, whirling around to look at him confused.

"If I go in first, how much space do I have?" He asked, and Stiles looked at him horrified.

"What do you... What do you think you're gonna do, Derek? You gonna punch through the wall?" He asked.

"Yes, Stiles. I'm gonna punch through the wall."

"Okay. Okay, big guy, let's see it! Let's see that fist. Big old fist. Make it, come on! Get it out there! Don't be scared, big bad wolf!" Stiles said and Derek grit his teeth annoyed as he pulled one of his arms away from his crossed-arms stance and pulling a fist, "Yeah, look at that! Okay, see this? That's maybe three inches of room to gather enough force to punch through solid co-" Derek pushed out his hand in a way that looked so gentle and Stiles cried out in pain as he stumbled over to the side. Both Peter and Hayley had to bite back their laughter as they watched it. "He could do it."

"I'll get through the wall. Who's following me?"

"Don't look at me!" Peter scoffed, "I'm not up to fighting speed, yet. And honestly, with Isaac out of commission, you're not looking at very good odds for yourself."

"So, I'm supposed to just let them die?" Derek asked.

"One of them already is dead."

"We don't know that!"

This had been the first moment where they'd seen evidence of Peter caring about Derek. It brought the question as to whether he truly was the villain or if he was just completely misunderstood. "Do I have to remind you what we're up against here? A pack of Alphas, all of them killers. And, if that's not enough to scare your testicles back into your stomach, try to remember that two of them combine bodies to form one giant Alpha," he explained, "I'm sure Erica and Boyd were sweet kids. They're gonna be missed."