ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Thirteen

Song: Flowers

By: The Neighbourhood

Dedicated to: All of you. Thank you for all the support and 20k reads!

 Thank you for all the support and 20k reads!

My legs are killing me

Coach has me running what he calls "killer" drills.

I was late to practice again.

Papa was supposed to pick up the kids from school twice now. Both times he called me saying that he was too drunk to drive. Those two calls only made me want to throw my phone across the school's parking lot.

"Keep it going, Reyes! Next time don't be late for practice!" Coach Hollis yells from across the court and I have the sudden urge to flick him off.

I look around the court to see all my teammates playing a game while I'm sweating my balls off.

This is fucking great.

"Come on, Coach! Let me play one game before practice ends," I yelled across the court and knew he was going to put me in regardless.

He flicked his hand and I let a smile of relief take over my face.

I joined the team on the court and teamed up with the side that has fewer players.

The boys were passing the ball to each other and running around the court. And it felt damn good when I got to score at least one time.

Easton walks up to me, "You still coming over later tonight? After hanging with Malia?" I nodded my head, "Yeah, I should be there around eight. That's if your girlfriend lets me leave the bedroom."

Oh shit.

No, no. I did not mean it to sound like that.