007.

007. monster donuts are not tasty

CADIE DIAZ had never been afraid of falling. but at the speed they were hurtling towards the water, you can damn well assume that the poor thing was screaming her head off, silently wondering in her mind if perhaps this was the true way she died. not with a prophecy, not from a monster. no- she was about to die from pure fear as she hurtled towards the water.

"the flask!" screamed percy, his voice cracking as they hurtled towards imminent doom.

this is it, she thought to herself, this is how i die. gods, i hope your happy.

"what?!" yelled annabeth, rightly assuming that perhaps percy had lost his mind. she along with the rest of them were holding on for dear life.

however tyson, perhaps the only competent one as cadie had decided (she'd have given herself the role had she not realised how blatantly pathetic and stupid she was). he opened percy's duffel bag and took out herme's magical flask without losing his grip on it or the boat. arrows and javelins whistled past them, and percy had his eyes shit, as if he were praying for something good to happen.

"hang on!" he yelled.

"i am hanging on!" screamed back annabeth.

"well hang on better!" he spat back.

jeeze, it's as if i'm not here, she thought to herself as she screamed a bit more. just the average day, right?

suddenly, tyson grabbed onto the backs of their shirts (how he managed to grab all three, cadie would never know. but her respect points were shooting up far past one-hundred percent now). percy gave the flask cap a quarter turn. instantly, a white sheet of wind jetted out of the flask and propelled us sideways, turning our downward plummet into a forty-five-degree crash landing.

as they hit the ocean, they bumped oce, twice, skipping like a stone. then they were whizzing along like a speed boat, salt spraying in their faces and nothing but sea ahead. cadie could hear wails of outrage from the ship behind them, but they were already out of weapon range. good day then.

the princess andromeda faded to the size of a white toy boat in the distance, and then it was gone. as they raced over sea, percy put cadie in charge of trying to get an iris-message to chiron. they (see as: annabeth) had figured it was important to tell somebody what luke was going, and there was nobody else better to trust with such information than chiron.

cadie awkwardly threw a gold drachma into the mist, and prayed for the rainbow goddess to show them chiron. his face appeared and all, but there was some kind of weird strobe light flashing in the background and music was blaring.

"chiron are you at a frat party?" was the first intelligent thing to escape from cadie's mouth.

from then on, she decided to shut up, and perhaps let annabeth and percy finish it. quickly, they summarised and told him about how they sneaked away from camp, and just about everything that happened on the princess andromeda and the golden box of kronos' remains. but between the noise on his end and the rushing of the wind and water on theirs, cadie wasn't so sure he heard much.

"percy!" chiron yelled, "you have to watch out for-" his voice was drowned out by loud shouting behind him – a bunch of voices whooping it up like comanche warriors.

"what?" yelled percy loudly.

"curse my relatives!" chiron spoke, ducking as a plate flew over his head and shattered somewhere out of sight, "annabeth, you shouldn't have let percy leave camp! and cadencia! you better have the elixir with you- and no singing! now id you do get to the fleece-"