Chapter Thirty-One

"Are you sure you pair don't want to go to school?" Hayley asked, as she looked over to the two ex-alpha twins who were both working out in the corner of the loft. She was sat on the sofa in a tired slouch as she tried to ignore the exhaustion she was feeling. Talia was on a play mat reaching up and grabbing onto whatever she could get her hands on.

She could now support her own head and lift it up, but she couldn't sit up yet or roll over. She was three months old now.

Since Deucalion left and Jennifer was no longer a problem, it had been fairly peaceful. Noah Stilinski now knew about the supernatural world, Hayley didn't have her life at risk, Derek had gone to take Cora back to South America and had yet to return, and the alpha twins were now on their own road to redemption through living in Derek's loft [just on a different floor although, they'd taken to keeping Hayley company most days]. A fact that Hayley wasn't the biggest fan about, but she dealt with it since it meant that if there was any threat then she either wouldn't die... or she would have more time to escape whilst the twins are fighting. She'd also paid the twins to teach her basic fighting - a fact she kept secret from Derek.

"I am not going back to school," Ethan cut in, and she hummed. She understood. She always hated school herself.

Feeling the soft vibration of her phone within her pocket, she reached into the material grabbing onto it and pulling it out. Scannning her eyes over it, a frown formed on her face before she bolted up into a sitting position.

"What? Is it Derek? Is it Scott?" Aiden asked, preparing for a fight.

"No, but... if you're not going to school can you boys do me a favour?" She asked, and they raised their brow confused, "I'll pay you $10 an hour each if you look after Talia for me," she said and the pair looked to each other before nodding. It was easy money since Talia had become a quiet entertain herself type of baby.

"Sure."

And it wasn't like they needed the money, but it was nice extra cash to have.

Rushing into the McCall house, Hayley looked around trying to find the man that had been the cause of such anger and irritation. "What is it?" Melissa asked, as she looked at her daughter confused.

"Who?"

It was then did the door open and both Scott and Rafael walked in, "I'm trying to help-" Rafael urged.

"That doesn't make any sense, Dad. Who are you helping? Just get out!"

"Scott-"

"What? I can't believe that you'd do this to my best friend!" Scott pointed out, and that caused Melissa to look between the two confused. She didn't know if Hayley knew about it or not because their daughter was always mad at him for something. Filled with grudges of memories and things that she shouldn't have had to remember.

"I'm not doing anything to your friend-- I'm doing my job."

"Oh please," Hayley scoffed drawing the attention to herself, "we all know that you have had a personal vendetta against Noah all because he knows your dirty little secret," she growled out.

"Your job sucks!" Scott added on.

"Some days, I can't argue that."

"...Can somebody tell me what the hell is going on?" Melissa asked, looking between her two children and her ex-husband.

"He's trying to get Stiles' dad fired," Scott shouted, not shouting at Melissa but out of the annoyance that his dad had brought to him.

"No, that's not true-"