Chapter Forty-Three

"You know, I never thought I'd be sneaking back into this place," Hayley admitted as she looked around the school. Her theory had been correct and she'd woken up feeling loved and happy and filled with importance. Both she and Derek were stood in the locker room of the school whilst Melissa had grandma time with Talia (something she asked for since this was the day where she had the most time off).

"You've been here before?"

"Yeah, course," she muttered, "hot steamy make-out sessions with the lacrosse and basketball players. I was the fun one if you couldn't tell," she mused as she looked around at all the lockers. They were no different from when she was there that was for sure. It was like nothing had changed... that being because nothing had changed.

The sound of the door opening distracted them both and they hid behind the collection of lockers.

"What the hell? Where's my stick?" A voice asked, and Derek stepped forward with a lacrosse stick a smirk on his face. Hayley rolled her eyes as she watched it. She could feel his previous ego returning.

"Is this yours?" Liam turned around and began growling whilst Hayley popped the upper part of her head around the corner so she could see what was happening but was out of any potential danger. Derek then snapped the stick in half and Liam began to roar.

"Liam," Scott's voice rang out, and as he stepped out Liam looked to Scott gritting his teeth together as he did. After a second or two Liam calmed down but the glare was still settled in his eyes and Hayley stepped out joining the three.

"You're right-- he is angry," Derek mused.

"Probably because you pissed him off," Hayley reminded, and Derek glanced at her unamused causing her to shrug. She spoke the truth as plain as day.

"This one's yours," Scott assured throwing another lacrosse stick to the said boy and Liam looked at it to check over for any damage. Scott offered a smile before nodding, "Get to class, Liam," he ordered and Liam looked between them all before leaving and doing as told.

Derek began smiling whilst Hayley looked absolutely mortified, "what are you two looking like that for?" Scott asked.

"You're gonna be good at this," Derek assured.

"Are you kidding? I am totally unprepared! Remember how you said you could teach me a few things? I think right now, I could use a full-on training manual..."

"I'll tell you one thing-- that anger he's got? It'll make him strong." Derek assured.

"And dangerous..."

"Very," Derek cheered looking way too happy and it was Hayley's turn to shoot him an unamused look and she bat his arm in warning.

"This was supposed to be the semester I could focus on school again... But Kate's back, and I've got a Beta, and there's a Deadpool..."Scott trailed off and Derek nodded.

"If all of our names are on that list, then that's what we should be focused on. Do you think Lydia can get that second key?"

"She's working on it..." Scott assured just as the bell rang and he sighed, "I gotta get to class."

He then left and Derek looked to Hayley who was still looking slightly annoyed, "what's wrong with you?"

"Did you see that?" She asked, "Scott just acted like a parent," she pointed out and he stared at her trying to figure what that meant and why it had brought irritation to her. Noticing that he was failing to get it she sighed out a groan and rolled his eyes, "so he's taking my job. If he becomes the parent of all the boys then what's my job? I'm just going to go back to the girl in the corner again. He can't take my job," she trailed off and he rolled his eyes beginning to smile out of amusement.