Chapter 1

The dark clouds gathered, the scarlet lightning split the thick clouds, and the heavy rain was approaching.

Su Mian opened her eyes suddenly. She was panting violently as she looked at the dim room; a small table lamp lit on the table, the orange desk lamp illuminated a quarter of the desk calendar, March 21, 9012, spring equinox, it was suitable to travel and avoid marriage.

Her dark pupil shrank, 9012? She was reborn three months before the end of the world?

Su Mian stared blankly at the familiar university dormitory. On June 22, 9012, during the summer solstice, when all colleges and universities students across the country were taking the CET-6 exam, the end of the world came suddenly.

Su Mian still remembered that day when she submitted her papers in advance, when she left the examination room, the sun turned into a burning fireball, countless flames fell from the sky, and the whole city became a melting pot of purgatory.

The temperature continued to rise till it reached a thousand degrees Celsius during the day, animals and plants died, urban infrastructure was paralyzed, water and electricity were cut off, the world became a large-scale hunger arena.

In less than a month, the global population plummeted by half, and they returned to the primitive era.

In her previous life, Su Mian followed her classmates and teachers for shelter. At that time, she thought naively that this was just a natural disaster. After the disaster would pass, she could return to her hometown to meet her grandmother. But, she was seized by a powerful sick man.

That man was so strong, perverted, moody, had a pathological possessiveness, and couldn't communicate with. Su Mian was imprisoned for two years, and it was not until the third year did she escape, but later died because of the bad weather due to her poor physical fitness.

Su Mian thought of what was about to happen, and clenched her fingers unconsciously, her black pupil turned cold. Now that God had made her live again, this time she would never repeat the same mistake.

"The following is a campus notice. A ten-level typhoon will land at 8 pm. All evening self-study and campus activities will be cancelled. Please do not stay in the school, return to the dormitory, close the doors and windows, and take protective measures."

A typhoon? Su Mian suddenly remembered the future events, and was shocked. She quickly got up, picked up a thick coat from the bed, and hurried out of the dormitory, and bumped into her roommate Bai Xi.

"Su Mian, do you want to die?" Bai Xi who was hit by her shouted. The bag she carried fell to the ground, and the cosmetics inside were scattered all over the place.

Bai Xi was the campus belle. She was arrogant, beautiful, and had a wealthy family. She was originally the prettiest girl in school. But, Su Mian who had scored on the top for college entrance examination, was selected as the most beautiful school flower because of her pure and soft appearance and took her place.

Since then the two had never got along.

Bai Xi was a local, and she hardly stayed in the dormitory, so Su Mian was shocked when she saw her now. After the end of the world, the whole world had undergone earth-shaking changes, and a new round of shuffling had begun, a world where force and money was respected. Where power was like the cloud, the most powerful became the top of the pyramid.

For Bai Xi, because of her beautiful appearance, her family gave her to a psionicist. The psionicist had more than a dozen women. He was not good to Bai Xi, he even abused her.

(A Psionicist is much like a Wizard, except that his powers derive from his mind rather than external agencies.)

In the last three years, Bai Xi had gone to see her twice.

Su Mian who thought that there was little tenderness between them in the doomsdays, grabbed her, and ran outside the dormitory.

"Su Mian, are you crazy? There is a Typhoon outside."

Bai Xi's face was green in anger. If it wasn't for the typhoon, she wouldn't have gone there, she would have already been home.

Su Mian dragged Bai Xi downstairs without a word and rushed out of the dormitory building. There was thunder and lightning outside, dark clouds, and the squall storm poured down.

"Run, it's raining heavily."

"It's so cold, it's so cold."

"Well, the rain seems to be gold."

"You're delusional, let's go back to the dorm."

Soon, the tree-lined road in front of the dormitory was running short of people.

Su Mian raised her face, endured the bitter cold, and watched the golden rain falling from the sky while restraining her inner excitement.

'Golden rain myth! Turned out to be true!'

Later generations defined the typhoon on the day of the spring equinox as the beginning of the ruthless elimination of humanity. The golden rain before the typhoon would stimulate the human body's abilities and make them resist the tough environment of doomsday.

In her previous life, Su Mian, like most people, stayed in her dorm and didn't get soaked in this golden rain, so she missed her chance to be powerful. After the end of the world, she became the most vulnerable.

"How can this rain be colored?" Bai Xi saw the golden rain falling on Su Mian's face, and she stumbled.

The dark clouds were still, and a crescent moon revealed a hazy figure from the clouds, which looked faintly golden. The golden rain was formed by the condensation of countless moonlights, sprinkling to every corner of the earth.

Su Mian looked at the sky, and restrained the frightening storm in her heart.

At the same time, in all areas of China, countless people seemed to look up at the cold moon and the golden rain, looking at this strange celestial phenomena.

The golden rain soon stopped.

"Go back and take a hot bath and have a good night's sleep," Su Mian said slightly hoarsely. The little girl was as pale as snow, and her dark pupil was exuding a cold light.

Bai Xi shuddered at the sight, and didn't dare to reply. Su Mian seemed to have changed, was this still the good tempered Su Mian who had the title of little sheep? Strange, weird.

Back in the dormitory, Su Mian didn't care about Bai Xi anymore. She didn't know if it was the side effect of the golden rain, but she felt faint and had a fever.

She took her pajamas to the bathroom. When she undressed, a crimson jade pendant fell off her body.

It looked familiar, but the high fever and uncomfortable body made Su Mian unable to think. She randomly picked it up and took a hot bath to sleep.