⤷ 04| THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX

chapter four : the Order of the Phoenix

☆ ☆ ☆

"That's your mother?" Harry questioned Sirius.

"Yeah, and June's grandmother," Sirius added, gesturing at June who was standing next to Nymphadora.

"Wow, you don't look like her at all," Harry breathed.

"Thanks," June said, smiling.

They made their way back into the kitchen and helped Molly set the table. June sat down next to Timothée and Fleur, the latter was busy talking to Bill but looked up when the black haired sat down next to her and gave her a smile.

"Was that Harry I heard?" Timothée asked, leaning back in his chair.

"Yeah — er — he was a bit mad at us."

"A bit?" Timothée repeated, raising an eyebrow. "Sounded more like very."

Juniper sighed. "He had every right to be."

"He didn't have to yell at you for it. It wasn't your fault. You've been trying to persuade Dumbledore to let you bring Harry here all summer," Timothée said.

"Maybe I should have tried harder —"

"Don't be so hard on yourself, Junie."

Before June could reply, Molly shrieked, "Fred — George — NO, JUST CARRY THEM!"

June turned around to see that Fred and George had bewitched a large cauldron of stew, an iron flagon of Butterbeer and a heavy wooden broadboard, complete with knife, to hurtle through the air towards them. The stew skidded the length of the table and came to a halt just before the end, leaving a long black burn on the wooden surface; the flags of Butterbeer fell with a crash, spilling its contents everywhere; the bread knife slipped off the board and landed, point down and quivering ominously, exactly where Sirius's right hand had been seconds before.

"FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!" Molly screamed. "THERE WAS NO NEED — I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS — JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE ALLOWED TO USE MAGIC NOW, YOU DON'T HAVE TO WHIP YOUR WANDS OUT FOR EVERY TINY LITTLE THING!"

"We were just trying to save a bit of time!" Fred said, hurrying forward to wrench the break knife out of the table. "Sorry, Sirius, mate — didn't mean to —"

Harry, Sirius, Timothée and June were all laughing.

"Boys," Arthur said, lifting the stew back into the middle of the table, "your mother's right, you're supposed to show a sense of responsibility now you've come of age —"

"None of your brothers caused this sort of trouble!" Molly raged at the twins as she slammed a fresh flagon of Butterbeer on the table, and spilling almost as much again. "Bill didn't feel the need to Apparate every few feet! Charlie didn't charm everything he met! Percy —"