Chapter 18- Laundry

C H A P T E R  1 8

L A U N D R Y

""The most beautiful part is, I wasn't even looking when I found you" - Autumn

Song-here with me; Susie Suh

Cameron

I wake up the next morning, Marlee lays on my chest. Her breath was hollow and peaceful, her lashes touched her cheeks. Her hair fell into face so I gently brushed it back.

Hearing the rumble of my truck and doors close rather loudly. I peel myself off of Marlee slowly, trying not to disturb her. She rustles for a bit but relaxes after a second.

Checking my phone I see it's 7 am. Standing up of the bed, I hear her breathing become less relaxed. Glancing back, she peeks open an eye.

"Cam?" She says, her voice raspy. "What time is it?"

"Early, go back to bed" I whisper. "Everyone just got home" she nods , turning over slightly.

"Could you not tell them about last night?" She asks me, semi hurrying her head into the pillow. "I don't want to worry them, besides nothing even happened."

I study her for a moment, her ocean eyes silently plead with me. Sighing I nod "fine"

"Thank you" she smile, pulling the covers farther up her body.

"Go back to sleep" I tell her, leaving her room and shutting her door. Walking down the hall, I here Theo and Miles talking. They spot me, Theo nodding obviously still slightly drunk.

"Did we wake you up?" He asks tossing a small, fake basket ball in the air.

"No, I woke up at 7 in the morning for fun" I shake my head.

"That's weird but okay" Theo mumbles confused.

Maybe he was a little more than a little drunk.

"Why'd you leave so suddenly?" Miles questions, taking a sip of a water bottle in his hand.

"Oh-" I remember the conversation I just had with Marlee so I shrug "I was tired"

"Serena was not very happy" Theo informs me, bumping into a wall on his way to the kitchen.

"How pissed was she?"