forty five

A/N: HEYY HOW IS EVERYONEE?? thank you for your patience and especially your support bc I'm here to inform you that I got in to the university I applied to! thanks for putting up with my shitty update schedule and for your love towards trouvaille. now please enjoy the update & don't forget to vote 🤟🏽🤟🏽

p.s.: when you're reading this, don't rush. take your time :)

/THIRD PERSON POV/

/THIRD PERSON POV/

Brown met golden and they melted, right away, falling into the hypnotizing pool of golden orbits she used to float in. Lisa stood there unmoving, her gaze unreadable but still managed to send Jennie's heart to an overdrive.

Am I dreaming?

"Uhm, I'll just — I haven't fed my goldfish. I need to go," Jimin suddenly announced, stumbling as he rushed to put on his shoes. Jennie was still too star-struck to say anything but a whisper of drive safe.

Am I imagining you?

Lisa swallowed slightly, rethinking her decision once again. It's not that late to turn around. Did she really want to be here? By the way her throat choked up, maybe it wasn't the best idea, after all. She made a mental reminder to smack Taehyung for guilt-tripping her into visiting Jennie.

Just when she's about to open her mouth, Jennie's voice stepped on the shattered glasses of silence they're tiptoeing around.

"Tea?" Jennie asked tentatively. "I still have some jasmine tea."

Turn around, Lisa's mind hissed. You've seen her. She's safe. She's okay. Turn around and leave.

"Sure," Lisa muttered out instead, knowing she's ignoring the rational part of her, listening to this void space inside her that was begging for answers. She didn't know whether Jennie was the one who will give her the answers or she'd eventually answer them herself. One thing she's sure of was she wasn't going to leave with empty hands.

Jennie left Lisa on the living room and went to make two cups of jasmine tea (and to rearrange her breath, making sure her fingers wouldn't stutter and her façade wouldn't crumble). When she came back, Lisa had her elbows resting on her knees, her eyes blank, staring at nothing in particular.

Jennie wanted to be selfish and drink Lisa in as much as she could while those golden orbs weren't on her, but she reminded herself that she didn't deserve that. At least not yet.

Lisa straightened up as soon as Jennie came closer, blinking rapidly to wake herself up. Jennie only noticed the mess Jimin made when she put their cups of tea down. She silently cursed herself in her head and went to tidy up the blanket and pillows.

"I couldn't let him drive himself home last night. He was barely half awake," Jennie reasoned. "So he stayed the night. Sorry for the mess."

"You don't have to explain yourself to me." Lisa's reply came out without missing a beat.