Side Mission

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Celeste strapped her knives to her thigh, angry at what she just found out

Celeste strapped her knives to her thigh, angry at what she just found out. Normally she wouldn't get involved but this time she can't stand by and let him get away with what he was planning.

"Are you ready?" Samuel walks in, equally as angry as Celeste. She nods and they link hands, Celeste transporting them to a familiar house.

"Adam....we need to talk about our deal" Celeste calls out, anger in her voice.

The boy walked around the corner, a gun in his hands as he held it up threateningly at Celeste, Samuel glaring heavily at him.

"You promised me I could have my old life back" Adam said, his finger hovering over the trigger. The mans voice was shaky, his hands matching his voice as he struggles to hold onto the weapon. "I'm trapped here, I can't leave, they'll find me!"

"We promised you that you could live your life, in exchange, you don't seek revenge on the Doctor." Samuel growls at the naïve human boy.

"Instead you have been sending a message into the universe, 'Somebody help me, I want to kill the Doctor' " Celeste finishes, shaking her head in disgust. It's not even a very well constructed revenge plan. "What did you expect the Doctor would do? Keep you onboard after the stunt you pulled?"

"So, what are you going to do? A-a-are you going to kill me? Because people will know, you won't get away with it." Adam whispered, his voice breaking. "And because....becauseI'll shoot you...I swear!."

"Come on Adam we both know there aren't any bullets in that gun" Samuel mocked and Celeste grinned in a fashion that was very unlike her....pure hatred. "And who says we haven't already gotten away with murder?"

"No but this one does" A mans voice says as the voice comes around the corner, his gun pressing against the back of Celeste's head. She closed her eyes, flashbacks flittering through her mind before she opened them, her eyes flaring a fierce angry gold.

Taking a breath, her eyes flickered back to their normal chocolate brown and spins around, grasping the gun just as the man was about to fire. Holding it against the unknown man's head, Celeste frowned recognising something familiar in the mans eyes.

"Come on mystery girl work it out" He taunted Celeste mockingly, as she looked back to see Samuel had slit Adam's throat. The demon seemingly to enjoy the blood spreading across the floor. "You know who I am, now work it out, use that amazing mind of yours."

Celeste frowned as she faced the man, staring into his eyes frowning. He was so familiar, there was a certain edge that as far as she knew, only belonged to one person. They were both aware that Adam was working with the Master but surely he wouldn't be here? Not so soon in the story right?

"Ah there it is, you shouldn't doubt yourself. You're magnificent." He grinned as he played with a lock of her hair, Celeste glaring at him and smacking his hand away, her hair dropping back down to her side. "I can see why the Doctor and the Destruction are infatuated with you. The great Shadow. The one who has the knowledge to destroy armies. Shadow....."

"Stop calling me that" She growled, her eyes flashing gold.

"Ah there's my girl" The Master smirked and Samuel walked forward only to find himself tapped in the room with Adam's body. Samuel rips up the rug off the floor, snarling like an animal at the demon trap painted onto the floor. "Ah ah, naughty demon, you have to stay there, lovely demon trap. Handy little thing, brought the markings off a man down south."

"Sammie." Celeste whispered in worry, pressing the gun further into the Masters forehead. The trap shouldn't harm a demon of Samuel's power but you could never be sure. "Your regeneration shouldn't look like this, how do I know you're really the Master?"

"As the Doctor says, regeneration, it's a lottery. You've changed a lot by being here. To prove I'm me... hmmm let's see, Nestene Consciousness, plastic daffodils, the Doctor had a yellow car. His third regeneration if I'm remembering correctly." The Master said with a smirk and he stared at her with a want for power in his eyes, making Celeste shiver slightly under his gaze.

"What do you know?"

"I know that you're not from here, that's it" He said, frowning slightly at the lack of information he had. No one anywhere seems to know who the Shadow was. "You won't hurt me though. There's a burning need for answers, I can help you get those answers, you need me."

Something seemed to snap in Celeste at his words and she lowered the gun, the Master smiled as if he expected it. However, his smile fades as she slit his throat with one of the knives hidden in her leggings. She kicks him in the head hard as she watches the familiar regeneration energy surround his hands. His body drops to the floor and the Master laughs as best as he can, a low gurgling coming from his throat.

"I don't need shit, you jackass."

She starts to clean her knife off when she gives a yelp at the sharp pain going through her head. Crap, maybe she over exerted herself. Celeste leans against a wall, black spots dancing across her vision.

"Jane?" Samuel yells through the barrier, worrying coating his voice. They had decided that Celeste's fake name would be Jane Doe in public.

"You are still developing your powers aren't you?" The Master cackles through his pained grunts of his regeneration starting. The Time Lord being able to talk a more, the slit on throat healing. "You can't control the visions."

"What's happening to her?!" Samuel yells but gets nothing from the Master who was now unconscious against the wall.

"Sammie...I'm okay" Celeste says as she slides down the wall, her eyes fluttering closed.

Samuel shouts out in anger, flames licking from his hands, quickly burning the wooden boards the demon trap was painted on.

****

"Oh, hello, Amy. Are you all right? Want to watch some television? Ah. Now, stay where you are. Because look at me, I'm confident. You want to watch that, me, when I'm confident. You want watch Alfie when he's angry and me when I'm confident" The eleventh Doctor straightened his bow tie as Alfie face palmed himself, shaking his head.

"Doctor." He reminded.

"Ah yes, thank you Alfie. This is Feisty, nice eyes, clever, has her own knives, very violent. And unlike us she doesn't mind killing people. We shouldn't like that."

"Kinda do though" Both Alfie and the Doctor chorused.

One of the Silence goes closer to Celeste, drawn to her power, both Alfie and the Doctor glaring the alien, all humour draining from their faces.

"And if you touch our girlfriend we will definitely kill you all"

****

Celeste opened her eyes groaning slightly before she remembered where she was and what she just saw.

"Jane? What is it?" Samuel says, taking her face in his hands as he checks her over. The Master's unconscious body was against the wall opposite her, it was obvious he had regenerated but his face hadn't changed. Things were changing and she wasn't sure whether it was for the better or not.

"I think I got a flash of the future, the Doctors future timeline...." She frowned in confusion at the clear vision in her head. Girlfriend? And to two people?

"I'm not surprised" Samuel admitted "You're linked to his timeline"

"Mmmm it was different to what I remembered" She mumbled as she stood up and started to lean against Samuel heavily. Celeste's eyes passing over the burned demon mark as they leave the house. Both becoming engulfed in a warm golden light as they disappear.

Back inside the house, the Master opened his eyes and smirked, his eyes narrowing as a number of different plans enter his mind.

"Interesting"