Chapter 18

After Mu Ling and his men left Hantan Village, the village returned to its former tranquility.

Su Mian knew that the secret of Houshan Hantan couldn’t be hidden, but she had seized the opportunity and had a contract in hand. She was the owner of Hantan until the end of the world.

As for the post-apocalyptic, Su Mian wasn’t in panic. The west was the Mu’s territory. The Mu family awakened all wood abilities and was good at planting. Most of them loved peace. Mu Gui was a gentleman, even if he discovered the secret, she wouldn’t lose anything.

It was just that in this life, she didn’t want to meet elemental users, and just wanted to quietly lead the villagers through the apocalypse.

For two days, the wind was calm. After the road from Anping County to Hantan village was cleared, Li Hongqi and the construction team went back to the mountain to continue the construction.

When Li Hongqi saw that all the people in Hantan Village had to move to Hengshan Hantan, he immediately wanted to move to avoid the heat. The current temperature in Anping County was 40 degrees. Because it was too hot and the power supply was heavy, the circuit in their neighborhood broke three times a month. If a power failure occured, it would simply be turned into a stove + a steamer, and people would be roasted.

Now, the county began to cut off power supply in different areas to relieve the pressure.

Thinking of the days after the power outage, Li Hongqi had a headache. He might as well close the store and go to the mountains to escape the heat.

Thinking of this, Li Hongqi immediately went to Su Mian to discuss the matter.

“Xiao Mian, do you think I can take your aunt and Xiao Pang to the mountain for summer vacation? I really can’t stay here any longer. The electricity will be cut off for several hours every day.”

“Yes, uncle, I was going to talk to you about that. It’s not too hot now. But when summer vacation comes, there wouldn’t be enough power supply. It’s better to stay in the mountains,” Su Mian said with a smile.

“That’s right. Then I’ll go to the village head and tell him about it,” Li Hongqi said.

“Okay, there is one more thing, I need more workers. The bamboo forest and trees in the mountain must be cut down. Find as many people as possible, the sooner, the better.”

Su Mian calculated the time. It was only 35 days before the apocalypse. As soon as June came, the forest would ignite because of the high temperature, which was a huge hidden danger.

“Cut all of them?” Li Hongqi said in surprise, “Xiao Miao, why do you want to cut bamboo and forest trees? It costs a lot of money.”

“It’s too hot. I’m afraid it’s unsafe, the forest might catch fire. After cutting down the bamboo and trees, when autumn comes, I’ll plant the whole mountain with herbs!” Su Mian casually found an excuse and said, “As for money, don’t worry. My classmate’s father is a famous rich businessman in Huadu. Her parents give her tens of millions of pocket money a year. She wants to start a business with me. She will come to our village in a few days.”

Su Mian was talking about Bai Xi. She would find a way to get Bai Xi to come to Hantan Village with her.

Except for the villagers of Hantan Village and Li Hongqi’s family, the only person Su Mian wanted to help was Bai Xi. As for the others, she was selfish and indifferent to them.

In the apocalypse, the strong were kings, and the weak were grass. She couldn’t control her own destiny, so how could she control other’s?

“Xiao Mian, will it really ignite?” Li Hongqi looked at the bamboo forest covering the sky and hesitated, “If that happens, it will be a disaster.”

Su Mian didn’t say anything, it would definitely ignite, and the flames would burn everything. In the apocalypse, only the water element and wood element beasts would remain as they were.

“Then I will help you find someone,” Li Hongqi agreed.

After the two talked, they saw Li Dali going up the mountain in high spirits, he shouted from a distance, “Xiao Mian, the officer who came two days ago came again, and said that he was looking for you.”

Mu Ling? Su Mian frowned, carried the bamboo basket back, and said, “I’ll be right away.”

“Captain Mu came alone? Did he say anything?” Su Mian asked lightly.

“He didn’t say anything. But he came with people by car, they were very stylish, and they brought a lot of gifts, all piled up in your yard.”

Su Mian’s complexion changed slightly. She didn’t have any friendship with Mu Ling.

Su Mian went all the way down the mountain in silence and saw a black off-road vehicle parked in the village from a distance. The license plate was the brand of the military region, so it must be the Mu army’s car.

When everyone saw her coming, they laughed and said, “Xiao Miao, the handsome guy is looking for you.”

“Well, okay.”

She smiled slightly, entered the courtyard, and before putting the bamboo basket down, she saw the tall and dark Mu Ling standing in the courtyard wearing a military uniform. A young and handsome man was talking to her grandma, his face was like a crown jade.

When Su Mian saw his face clearly, her face slightly changed. The Mu family head, Mu Gui?

In her previous life, Su Mian had only met Mu Gui a few times, therefore, she didn’t have a deep relationship with him. However, Mu Gui was a rare and considerate person. He was gentle to everyone. The Xiling base he was in charge of was the best place to live in. The bloody, treacherous south wind base was arrogant, the Beichen base was overbearing, and many ability users and ordinary people struggling on the line of life and death were eager to go to the peaceful Xiling base.

In the past, the Xiling base was built near the largest reservoir in the West. It was hundreds of kilometers away from Hantan village. How did Mu Gui come here?

Su Mian looked sharply at Mu Ling. She should have thought that he was from the Mu family.

“Hello, Su Mian, I’m Mu Ling’s cousin, Mu Gui,” Mu Gui smiled.

He was secretly surprised.

He hadn’t seen such a transparent woman for many years. The human body was like a container. When a baby was born, it was the purest. As the baby grew older, naturally there was more dirt. But Su Mian gave him a feeling of being transparent and clean from inside to outside. Did she also have powers?

Did she have the power to purify the body?