fifty - four

I open my eyes and look at Josephine sleeping in front of me, a small smile reaches my lips as I look at her, her plump lips open, her hair in her face as her eyebrows are furred

My hand comes up to move her hair and put it behind her hair before she opens her eyes.

"good morning again" I tilt my head.

"hey" she smiles before taking the blankets and cuddling up to me. "we need to get up before we fall back asleep" she leans up and I see it's noon.

"probably" I laugh before taking the blankets with me and get up from the bed.

"come on" she laughs as she takes them off of me and puts them on the bed.

I walk downstairs, following her and we walk into the kitchen when I see her looking through the fridge trying to find something to eat.

"do you own this house?" she asks me, looking away from the stocked fridge.

I nod.

"of course," she rolls her eyes.

"pancakes?" she asks.

"We always have those, and waffles" I shake my head.

"eggs and toast?" she asks.

"sure"

She takes out the eggs and puts them in a bowl, adding other things in before turning on the stove and pouring them on.

She takes the bread and puts them in the toaster before putting away everything else and going to watch the eggs cook and mix them around.

I laugh and come up behind her, grabbing her by the waist and picking her up, spinning her around.

"Lucifer" she laughs "let me down!"

"no." I hold her up in the air.

"Your smile is so beautiful..." I shake my head and look back at her to see her smiling.

I just said that out loud?

At least I meant it.

"thank you" she smiles.

"what day is it tomorrow?" I tilt my head after I set her down.

She laughs a bit before biting her lip to stop herself.

"I think we should do nothing tomorrow, absolutely nothing, lay in bed and do nothing," I tell her.

"Lucifer..." she laughs.

"you're going to love tomorrow" I hug her from behind.

"you don't have to..." she tells me.

"oh, I want to."

She shakes her head and turns around, putting her soft lips on mine before scrambling the eggs and making us both plates.

"you really unpacked everything?" she asks as she takes a bit from her toast as she sits next to me.

"I did" I nod.

"of course, you did" she laughs.

"let's go get dressed," I tell her before getting up and washing my plate and hers.

We go upstairs and I go to change into some black jeans and a t-shirt, showing off my arm tattoos and all the others.

She comes out in light jeans and a white tank top with flowers or something in the front with a sweater around her.

"you look nice" I smile before pecking her lips.

"I could say the same to you, but you wear that every day" she laughs and so do i.

"whatever" I roll my eyes before taking her soft little hands in mine and turning off the lights and walking outside.

I lead her out to my white sports car and I open the passenger's door and she gets in softly thanking me before I get in myself and turn on the car.

"how many things do you own?" she asks.

"a lot." I nod "including you." I nod again before pulling out of the driveway.

I see her shake her head and look out the window as I laugh.

I drive to where I remember we were supposed to go to, and lots of time after...

Josephine shoots her head up to me, "lucifer where are we?"

A small grin comes across my mouth as she looks at the golden gate bridge in front of us.

"you're really bringing me everywhere aren't you" she laughs as I nod and go to the side to kiss her cheek before looking back at the road.

"I love you" she whispers.

"I love you too."