Past wounds (Tom Holland)

Requested by MyMischiefisManaged: Tom and Y/N start to fight, making Y/N upset and scared

*Please note: this imagine contains mild mentions of abuse. It's not that much but it could still be triggering to someone, so if that's you, please be mindful of that when reading. Thank you and enjoy :)*

I lay on the sofa, just relaxing and reading a book as I waited for Tom to get home from the set. My phone buzzed against my thigh, making me look down at the screen.

Harrison: Tom's had an AWFUL day on set. On his way home now and very pissed. Be warned x

I sighed, my heart starting to thump and my head lolling back as I closed my book.

"Great." I mumbled as I sat up. When Tom had had a bad day on set, I just knew that a fight was coming home with him. Nothing would ever be right for him when he got in and was in this type of mood, and so we almost always fought. This was very bad for a couple of reasons, the first one being that obviously I didn't like fighting with Tom. I loved him and he loved me, so it sucked when we fought and were mad at each other. The other reason that I hated fighting with him was that whilst Tom would never dream of being abusive to me, I'd had abusive exes in the past, and so those experiences always started to creep back into memory when Tom and I fought. Of course, though, I didn't blame him for that. I looked up and gulped as I heard the front door open, a sigh also leaving my lips as it slammed shut only seconds later.

"For fucks sake, why is this hallway always such a fucking mess?" I heard him grumble, making me roll my eyes as I stood up. I headed out into the hallway to see Tom heading into the kitchen. I followed him with my lip in between my teeth, my mind already dreading what was ahead as he grumbled and moaned underneath his breath.

"Hey, Tommy. You okay?" I asked, alerting him to my presence as he looked at me.

"No. Absolutely shit day on set." he mumbled as he opened the fridge and grabbed a beer.

"How come?" I asked as I walked to him and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"It just was, okay? I don't want to talk about it." he muttered, making me gulp as he pushed my arms away before heading to the sink.

"I'm just trying to help, Tom-."

"You should have before now, you could have helped by cleaning the house or feeding Tessa. But I've come home to find shit all over the place, Tessa whining because I assume that she hasn't been fed yet, what the fuck did you do all day?" he scoffed and shook his head. My eyes widened.

"I actually cleaned this house today, Tom. The "shit" that you're referring to is literally, like, two pairs of shoes since I went to meet my sister for coffee. It's really not that big of a deal." I shook my head.

"No. It's not a big deal, you're right. It's not like I work full-time to pay our bills and pay for all of the luxury shit that you get. Literally all that I ask is that you keep the house tidy, I thought that you were happy to do that." he spat. I bit my lip, desperately trying not to cry at his words. He's just in a bad mood, Y/N, he's not actually angry, there's no need to be scared, I kept thinking to myself.

"I am happy to do it, and I do keep it tidy! Tom, don't act like I'm not appreciative for you working so that we can have a nice life! I constantly thank you for everything that you give to me! You're literally getting wound up over two fucking pairs of shoes that I forgot to put back on the shoe rack!" I exclaimed.

"For fucks' sake, Y/N, I can't be bothered to do this anymore. Just fuck off." he scoffed and shook his head. I bit my lip harshly, though the action was no longer stopping the tears as they started to roll down my cheeks.

"I'm sick of this, Tom. I'm not sure how much longer I can do it for." I admitted, my voice choking and my heart pounding. He looked at me, his eyes widening slightly.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" he gulped. I shook my head and rushed out of the room.

"Y/N! Shit, darling!" Tom yelled after me, but I ignored him as I rushed into our bedroom and slammed the door shut.

Tom's P.O.V

"For fucks' sake, Y/N, I can't be bothered to do this. Just fuck off." he scoffed and shook his head. Deep down, Tom knew that he was being far too harsh on Y/N, because she was right, it was just a pair of shoes. But he'd had such a long day at the set and then had tripped over the shoes as soon as he had walked in. He was just pissed off. Y/N bit her lip harshly as tears started to roll down my cheeks.

"I'm sick of this, Tom. I'm not sure how much longer I can do it for." she admitted, her voice choking. He looked at her, his eyes widening slightly.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" he gulped. She shook her head and rushed out of the room.

"Y/N! Shit, darling!" Tom yelled after her, but he got ignored as he heard their bedroom door slam shut. He choked and looked down, tears starting to leave his eyes too as regret immediately set in. He raised his hands to his eyes and sniffed as he wiped the tears away. He'd been very tense recently due to his movie, which in turn led to more fights with Y/N. He hated that they always fought, but his anger had to go somewhere, and it always went out in the form of fights with the love of his life. He didn't realise, though, that he'd been so bad recently that Y/N was questioning whether or not she could carry this on. I need to fix this, he thought as he headed out of the kitchen and towards their bedroom.

Y/N's P.O.V

I lay on my side on the bed, tears rolling down my cheeks as I just stared out of the bedroom window. I squeezed my eyes shut, allowing more tears to flow as I heard the door open. I heard a sigh before it closed again. The bed dipped, making me bite my lip as Tom's body lay down next to me and his arm curled over my waist.

"I'm so sorry, darling. I'm so sorry." he choked quietly as he buried his face into my hair. I sighed and turned around, making him gulp and look at me with red and puffy eyes.

"We're just fighting so much right now, Tommy. And I don't know how much longer that I can keep going." I whispered and shook my head. He bit his lip and nodded.

"I get that, but I promise you that this will stop. I know that I've been so stressed recently because of the movie, but it's not fair that that's being taken out on you. It'll stop, I promise. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you scared and upset." he spoke quietly. I sighed and cupped his cheek, making him lean into my touch as he kissed the palm of my hand.

"It's okay, Tommy. We're okay." I reassured. He gulped and nodded before leaning in and gently pressing our lips together. I returned the kiss, my eyes fluttering shut as he pulled me closer with his hand on my waist. He broke the kiss and looked at me.

"I love you, sweetheart. So much. It'd kill me to lose you." he choked and shook his head.

"I love you so much too, Tommy. But don't worry. You won't lose me." I promised. He gulped and nodded, giving me a small smile before leaning in and kissing me again.