CHAPTER 8

His large hands cradled her jaw, thumbs gently stroking under her cheekbones. 

I want you to be mine. The words bounced back and forth in her head like a ping pong ball. 

His face draw nearer, half-lided eyes staring unyieldingly at her lips. The desire to pull him closer by the collar and kiss him like there's no tomorrow was surging over her like a tsunami. Caleb had to crane his neck to look at her, his tall form hunched over. 

Her breath hitched as he leaned closer. 

Red flags waved back and forth in her subconscious. She couldn't do this - couldn't be trapped. 

"Not so fast." 

His lips met her palm. 

Something akin to a growl rumbled through his throat, his eyes betraying how dissatisfied he was that she denied him. Still, the playful sheen was quick to return. "I didn't think you were shy. My bad." He spoke into her hand, his lips brushing against her skin with every word. She felt his smirk. 

"Hardly." Mariana pulled her hand back. "I have rules as well." 

Caleb raised an eyebrow. "Rules? Do tell." 

"We need a meeting." With that she turned on her heel and marched back to the Alpha residence with the youngest Nord sibling in tow. 

And I need a new escape plan. Pronto.

~~.~~

Caleb. 

Her touch was intoxicating. He had always prided himself with self-control. That went out of the window the second he touched her. Those wild amber eyes, fine shape of her body, the sound of her voice, it all drove him mad. 

Even with tension building in the room, he couldn't set his thoughts straight with her sitting across from him. Logan sat besides him, brooding. He did not like being disturbed in middle of work, but their mate had refused the wait. 

"So," Mariana was first to speak. "I have rules if you want this mate thing to work." 

Caleb didn't have to look to know that his brother was frowning, possibly glaring daggers at the daring woman. 

She continued nonetheless. "First. No babies after two months." 

"Out of question." Logan growled. "It's your duty-" 

"Duty my ass. I will not be a mother and that's that. Second, I want dates." 

"Dates?" Caleb chimed in, liking the sound of that. 

Interesting, wasn't what I expected to hear. What is that firecracker plotting?

"Yes, dates." She confirmed. "You are competing for me, and I want dinner, movies and everything else." 

That did not sound like something she would say willingly. Then it clicked. That smart little girl....She's plotting an escape. Dates outside the pack territory would give her chance to slip away right under their noses. 

Caleb smirked. "Sounds good to me." He didn't mind the risk. If she tried to run, he would just catch her and have an excuse to chain her to the bed. Wouldn't that be exciting? The head in his pants twitched at the thought alone. 

Logan was silent, staring at their mate suspiciously. He had a thick-scull sometimes, but he was not a fool. "What else?" He grind out, tension building in his body. 

"Third," Mariana glanced between the two brothers. "I want women to be allowed training just like men." 

Now she dropped a bomb.