eleven

Lalla stood beside Obi-Wan, her hands intertwined in front of her as the three of them stood in front of the council. Yoda and Master Windu were right in front of them, the rest of the eyes in the room on their backs.

"Track down this bounty hunter you must, Obi-Wan" Master Yoda said. Lalla nodding a bit to show her agreement.

"Most importantly find out who he's working for" Master Windu said, Lalla eyes moving to him. Master Windu was one of her idols, he was also very kind to her and taught her a lot throughout the years.

"What about Senator Amidala? She will still need protecting" Obi-Wan stated. Lalla eyes moved to the floor as she listened intently.

"Handle that your youngest Padawan will" Master Yoda explained, Lalla and Anakin both looking up at this. Why wasn't she helping him with this?

"Anakin, escort the senator back to her home planet of Naboo. She'll be safer there. And don't use registers transport. Travel as refugees." Master Windu said to Ani, Lalla looking at him with furrowed brows.

"As the leader of the opposition, it will be very difficult to get Senator Amidala to leave the capital." Anakin stated, Lalla agreeing fully. She knew Padme would never leave willingly, especially not till they found the person who needed her dead.

"Until caught this killer is, our judgment she must respect." Yoda said, closing his eyes as he rested his head on his hands. Lalla was in awe of Yoda, always. He was the best Jedi she had every read about, and knew he always would be.

"Anakin, go to the senate and ask Chancellor Palpatine to speak with her about this matter. Lalla, you will be staying with Master Kenobi in the search for the killer" Master Windu said, his eyes traveling to Lalla's. Lalla nodded a few times as she bowed her head along with the two men. She started out of the room, Obi-Wan right behind her with Anakin following behind.

Lalla walked along side Obi-Wan, staying silent as they walked through the Jedi Temple. It was by far her favorite place in the galaxy, it was stunning inside and out. Yoda hovered next to her, moving along with them slowly as they walked.

"I am concerned for my younger padawan" Obi-Wan started, Lalla looking up at him a bit confused. "He is not ready to be given this assignment on his own yet"

"The council is confident in its decision, Obi-Wan." Master Yoda said, Lalla's eyes moving back to the floor as she knew she should try to not listen.

"The boy has exceptional skills" Master Windu said, Lalla agreeing mentally. She would never compare her and Anakin like everyone else did, in her eyes she was no better than him.

"But he still has much to learn, to even catch up to Lalla, master. His abilities have made him arrogant. If he were more like his sister he would be able to pass the trials by now" Obi-Wan said as he stopped walking. Yoda hummed in agreement as Lalla stopped next to her master.

"A flaw more and more common among Jedi. Too sure of themselves they are. Even the older, more experienced ones." Yoda said, Lalla listening with furrowed brows. Anakin has always been head-strong nothing has changed since they come to the temple ten years ago.

"Remember, Obi-Wan, if the prophecy is true, one of your apprentices is the only one who can bring the Force back into balance" As Master Windu said this Lalla's eyes snapped up at his. Obi-Wan looked down at her as she looked between the three Masters. Her or Anakin had to bring balance to the force. Before she could as any questions Obi-Wan quickly bowed and placed his hand on her back, pulling her away from the two men. She went to open her mouth but the look he gave her told her now was no time for questions.