Chapter 21

Ava's outfit above ⬆️

Third person's p.o.v

"Hey" Ava speaks to Damon placing a hand on his shoulder.

They were back in their home recovering from the events of the night. Once Ava and Elijah turned up it was easy enough to get past the border.

Esther didn't succeed of course Ava made sure of that but she couldn't save everyone. Ric was currently preparing to die as he choose to not return as a vampire which overall is in everyone's best interests.

Ava couldn't really say she was devastated at his passing as she admits she didn't really know him that well.

What she does know is that he was the best friend of her brothers. Maybe Damon couldn't see it but Alaric had changed him.  Plus anyone that could be friends and see the gold in Damon must be something special.

"It okay to be sad Damon , he was your best fiends one of your only ones actually" Ava laughed trying to distract him but it is clear that he is grieving.

"You can get upset around me Damon you shouldn't keep it in you can tell me how you feel" Ava tells him trying to reassure him he can be open with her.

Damon turns to look at his sister and sees that she is being completely sincere. He would open up to her, she is one of the very few he would do so to however he himself doesn't even know how he feels. He has never experienced anything like this before.

"I think I'm just gonna go see him and give him a proper goodbye I think the others should be gone by now" Damon speaks moving to grab a bottle of bourbon.

"Yeah I think that is a great  idea" Ava replies bringing her brother into a much needed hug.

After both finally letting go Damon leaves to go find Ric.

—————————————————

"Hey" Ava speaks over the phone.

"Hey , are you okay is something wrong?"Elijah responds.

"Oh am I not allowed to just call you spontaneously Elijah mikealson must a buck into your schedule." Ava laughs , even more when she hears Elijah begin to chuckle.

" oh of course not Avangaline feel free to call me any time or rather all the time. I guess I'm just not used to you initiating the conversation that's all."

"Well I must admit it isn't a so spontaneous call. I just wanted to check if you were okay. I mean it's not everyday your mother attempts to kill you and your siblings" Ava speaks to him honestly.