Chapter 37

Almost every day of the week, Marcus and I study for a couple hours together. I do my own work and when he has questions, I take a break to explain the problems to him. When Saturday rolls around, it practically feels like routine.

We end around four, which is a couple hours before I have to start getting ready for work. When we're packing up, I ask, "How are you and Mia?"

Marcus raises a brow. "Mia? We haven't talked in weeks."

She didn't tell me that. Hopefully, she's okay.

"She doesn't care," he says as if he can read my mind. "Mia is basically the female version of me. She just likes to have fun."

"I just don't get how you can spend all that time with someone and not catch feelings." I laugh slightly. "Maybe I'm old-fashioned."

"Nah," he says. "Girls like you are hard to find nowadays. Loyal ones."

I purse my lips, suppressing the urge to point out she would probably be loyal if he wanted to be exclusive.

He continues, "You know, you don't get enough credit for what you do. Going to all the games, not letting other girls get to your head, not being a gold digger... Zack's lucky to have you."

"Thanks," I say. "That's sweet."

"Doesn't it scare you? Being so serious when you're so young. I mean, you'll be living together next year. That's practically marriage."

"We're living together with you and two other people. I don't think that compares to marriage," I say.

"Yeah, yeah," he says. "But don't you want to try dating other people? You're both young."

"No," I say. "I love him."

"Come on," he insists. "Every girl has a wild side."

"He is my wild side," I reply with a laugh. "You've met Zack, right?"

"He's like a dad now," he says with disgust. "You ruined him."

"Dads can be hot."

He sits up, snapping his fingers. "Daddy issues. That's a great start, Amelia."

"Shut up." I shove him.

Grinning sharply, he shoves me back.