Chapter 1

"Mhmm....." I grumbled to myself, as I slowly opened my eyes.

"Wait...didn't I become a carpet...didn't I die?"

I spoke sleepily and slowly sat up.

I was so confused then I realized how small my hands were as I rubbed my eyes, I had very pale skin as well.

The bed that I am on is super comfy, it was very soft and I looked around...it was a bright and beautifully decorated room.

It was an expensive room for sure.

I sat there in silence for some time before my eyes started to wonder for a mirror so I can take a good look at myself.

I spotted a vanity and rushed there, tripping a little as I was running toward the mirror.

"Wow...." I stood in shock, slowly touching my face and my hair. It was so beautiful for me not to admire.

"I look so cute and my face, it's beautiful," I commented.

I looked like a five-year-old kid once again in their night grown.

"You know what is funny, I look just like Irene-"

Sounds of knocking interrupted my sentence midway.

"Young Miss Irene, may I come in?" said an unfamiliar voice, it was a smooth voice.

At that moment, I realized who I was.

I was now Irene Gracia.

"Uh...Young Miss, are you okay, can I come in?" said the voice again.

"Ah, yes...you may," I responded.

The mysterious lady entered the room, she was wearing a maid uniform with dirty blond hair tied into a bun with shining yellow eyes.

"Oh dear, what are you doing out of bed?" she said as she saw me sitting on the chair facing the vanity.

"Ah...yes! I just wanted to get out of bed early this time...Elle," I responded as she smiled and walked over to me and grabbed a brush, and started to brush my hair.

Michelle Jordan, Irene's maid, was like her mother figure. Irene was so close to her and called her Elle for short.

Thank god I remembered the nickname Irene gave to her personal maid, I thought to myself.

Elle stood with Irene till she met her death by saying that she was the one who pushed Alice down the stairs, not Irene.

Elle was such a sweet person, she loved Irene like her own child.

Elle started to take care of her when she was just 19 years old.

She was the only one who pitied Irene since she was deemed a child murderer because her mother died at birth.

Ah, Irene was me.

I zoned out for a while, it was quite relaxing to get your hair combed by someone else.

"Shall we get you ready?"

Elle asked.

"Uh no thanks, today I would like to get ready myself!"

I said a little shy.

"Oh...haha, aren't you cute? Okay, then don't forget to wash your face, your breakfast is waiting downstairs."

Elle sounded like a mother.

"Okay, thank you."

Elle nodded and exited the room.