XXXVI. AWKWARD BONDING

AWKWARD BONDING!

DECEMBER 1976

6th Year

• • • •

Smiling triumphantly, Holland finished tying the bow around the present that she was wrapping.

As she was sliding it under her bed, she heard a knock on her door, mqking her walk over and open it.

"You know you don't have to knock right?" The girl told her boyfriend, "You can just come in."

Remus shrugged, leaning against the doorframe with his hands in his pockets, "It's polite."

Holland giggled, smiling up at the Gryffindor.

"Merry Christmas Eve, by the way." Holland grinned.

"Merry Christmas Eve," Remus repeated, smiling fondly at her, "You got any plans today?"

The Irish girl shook her head, "None."

"Well you do now." Remus told her with a smile.

"Oh really?" Holland raised an eyebrow, "Thanks for telling me."

Remus chuckled, walking to stand in front of her, "James and Sirius are out with mine and James' Dads to go last minute Christmas shopping, as they haven't got anyone gifts."

Holland let out a snort, "Not surprising."

"And Peter and his parents decided to go with them, leaving mine and James' mum, who are preparing everything so that making dinner will be easier for tomorrow," Remus finished explaining where everyone else was, "Leaving us."

"Right," Holland nodded, wrapping her arms around the tall boy's neck, as he put his around her waist, "And what we doing?"

"Well, there's a mini golf course a ten minute walk from here." Remus said.

"Mini golf?" Holland questioned with a smile.

"Yeah, it's like golf, but mini." Remus teased the girl, making her laugh.

"I'm aware of that," The Slytherin chuckled, "I've just never done it before."

"Well then, what are we waiting for? Lets go," The boy grinned, grabbing his girlfriend's hand, leading her downstairs, where they put their shoes and coats on, "Mum! Euphemia!" Remus called out to the women in the kitchen, "Holland and I are going on a walk! We'll probably be some time!"