Chapter Twenty One

Rosaline

A soft rustle awoke me in the middle of the night. My eyes snapped open and I clenched my fist delicately, suddenly aware of the flesh beneath my fingers. Silently, curious as of what awoke me, I pulled myself up from the fur covered ground. However, Finn's strong arm suddenly snaked around my waist and pulled me back to the hard ground.

Finn hovered over me, naked and strong, with his finger to his lips. I lay quiet beneath him as fear started to sink in. Finn stayed silent above me, his head tilted towards the entrance of the tent. When no sound of alarm followed he slid back to my side, pulling my naked body to his.

"It was probably one of the warriors or an animal in the night, no need to worry love." Finn whispered softly in my ear. The unease in my gut slowly dissipated and I pulled myself closer to Finn, resting my head on his hard, bare chest.

My fingers twirled around the smattering of dark hairs on his chest, creating patterns and swirls with my finger tips. Finn's chest vibrated with pleasure and his hand slid to my hip where he matched the rhythm and pattern of my fingers with his own.

"Ye should go back to sleep love." Finn said softly in my ear. I nodded mutely closing my eyes. I drifted off to sleep once again, basking in Finn's warmth.

* * * * * * * * * *

The sounds of men preparing to leave, laughter and the smell of food woke me. I noticed I was alone on the furs, a warm patch beside me the only evidence Finn once slept there.

Sunlight seeped through the thin tent and I crawled over to my clothes on the corner, quickly throwing them on my body covering my nakedness. Part-way through I heard a noise outside the tent and was aware the tent door was brushed to the side as someone entered. Quickly, I grabbed the blanket from the furs to cover my semi naked body.

"Do not fear lass, its only me." I hadn't realised I was holding my breath till the sound of me exhaling filled the air.

"Finn."

"Its time to go lass," Finn said, his body blocking the partially uncovered tent opening. "The sun is rising steadily and I wish to reach shelter by nightfall."

"Okay," I said as I quickly pulled the dress over the rest of my body before slipping on my flat shoes and hurrying over to Finn. His hand took mine almost immediately once I was within reaching distance. I smiled at him gently as he tugged me out of the tent. Seconds later warriors surrounded it, taking it down with a swift skill.

My nose followed the smell of food and I found myself leading Finn over to a small group of warriors huddled around a small pot boiling over a slowly distinguishing fire. Once I arrived I was almost instantly handed a pot of warm porridge by another warrior and I thanked him before settling beside him, quickly devouring my breakfast. My stomach satisfied I stood up alone, leaving Finn to finish his second bowl as I wandered over to Blair.

"Hello Blair." I said softly, still however managing to startle the young boy. Blair was the same age as Macy's little brother, around fourteen I assumed. He had light brown hair, highlighted under the suns rays which matched his dark chocolate eyes.

"Hello My Lady." Blair said, his eyes cast downwards, half his face was hidden in the shadows.

"Call me Rose please." I asked him. Blair was stood by a group of horses, he had been tending to them and feeding them before I walked over to him. "What food do they eat? I've always wanted a horse but my mother always said no.

"Carrots and apples My- Rose." Blair replied.

"Could I help you feed them?" I asked. Blair nodded once and handed me two apples before stalking over to one of the horses and pulling a carrot from a pile on the grass. When Blair bent down for the carrot his face was cast into the light revealing a large scar across his right cheekbone and a bruise around his eye.