˗ˋ 74

╭                                                                 ╮━━━  " 📂  " ‍

━━━ " 📂  " ‍..⃗. ༉

𝙍 𝙊 𝙈 𝘼 𝙉 𝘾 𝙄 𝙉 𝙂

! chapter seventy-four ─── ʚĭɞ

╰                                                               ╯

The bus had arrived back at Saebom High, and the students gathered their luggage and said their goodbyes to each other and expressed their gratitude to the teachers

They were to make their own way home, and after promising to meet up with Sooa and Jugyeong later on to eat, Miyeon made her way away from the bus, dragging her suitcase behind her as she crossed several streets and turned multiple corners.

"There you are." She breathed out, almost walking into Suho as she turned yet another corner. It was an agreement of theirs that if they were walking too or from school together, they met up a few streets away. "Took it a bit far this time, didn't you?"

"Everyone's heading the same way." Suho replied, looking rather disinterested in her protests about the distance. "I didn't want to risk anything." Despite the look of not caring at all whether or not Miyeon liked the meeting point, he seemed extremely happy.

Miyeon knew why of course, but that was a topic she was waiting to bring up. "Fine, I just don't want any trouble of people finding out we're walking together, let alone living. Imagine all the rumours." She mused, eyes flickering up to see his reaction. "Soojin.. Seojun - not to mention Jugyeong."

At the mention of the last two people she named, Suho reacted. For Seojun, it was more like a clench of his jaw, but for Jugyeong, it seemed far more worried. Miyeon knew she was going to have quite the time teasing him about it.

They walked home in mostly silent, getting a car half of the way back, suddenly feeling quite tired. "I remember you writing that song, It was a while ago, wasn't it?" Suho pushed open the front door after unlocking it, Miyeon nodding as she entered first.

"Me and Seyeon started it before he confessed." She said it so casually that Suho's breath caught in his throat, reminded of the hurt that caused. "I was determined to be friends with him still, and I think he felt the same. We didn't manage to finish it, and I didn't even open the notebook until a couple of weeks ago."

"Have you finished it?" Suho pulled his suitcase into his room, voice carrying through into the living room as Miyeon sat down on the sofa.

"I think so." She replied, voice just as loud. "Hey - come here a moment." Miyeon didn't want to wait any longer, and somewhat suspicious, Suho made his way back into the living area. "So how did it go with Jugyeong? Did you tell her?"

"How do you know about that? Has she told you?" Suho frowned, sitting down on the edge of the couch, Miyeon rather absentmindedly shrugged as she began to unpack her clothes, forming a pile so she could wash them. "You saw the necklace, didn't you?"

"Of course I saw it - it's gorgeous. And have you been getting Taehoon's help?" Miyeon looked over to him. "He was scurrying around looking all worried. You know I can help. I'm a girl, I know you well and I know Jugyeong, it's like a three in one."

"Hwang Miyeon, have you ever had a boyfriend?" He asked, looking unimpressed.

"Have you? Who are you to judge - besides, Taehoon and Sooa's relationship is rather different to what you might be expecting with Jugyeong. You did tell her, didn't you?" Miyeon continued to speak as she unpacked, glancing at her phone as it vibrated and the screen lit up.

"I kissed her." Miyeon very almost dropped what she was holding, eyes widening as she looked up at him.

"Seriously? You kissed her? Just like that? You did confess to her before, right? Didn't just kiss her out of the blue?" Miyeon was almost more shocked than Jugyeong had been when he kissed her.

"Yes of course she knew." Suho replied. "You ask a lot of questions, Miyeon."

"I ask a lot of questions, I talk a lot - it's just who I naturally am." She shrugged. "Just in my nature." It fell silent for a moment. "I am here if you want to talk about anything to do with Jugyeong. I might not be in a relationship, but I am a girl, and I know things that boys won't."

Suho nodded, considering her words and knowing that he would most likely ask her something in the future - it would be useful having another girl's opinion on certain things. "Did you tell Han Seojun then? I saw you walking back to your tent with him."

"I did." She said simply, another thing coming to mind which seemed more important. "Don't go too hard on him these days." Miyeon continued, and Suho looked confused. "He's been through a hard time also."

Not to mention that he was in love with Jugyeong as well.

❛ AUTHORS NOTE ━━ just quickly putting this here because idk i'm not happy with this chapter but it's mostly filler as well, but it's not up to my usual standards