CH36

When he came back from the patrol, he went to the king and requested for a meeting with His highness, and as always the king was sitting on his throne, looking mighty and powerful, even fear enticing for some people. Darkon bowed respectfully and as the king gave him permission he stood up and reported everything that happened with him, for the patrol he went through.

"The witches are looking for Jojoba's wings and I think that this is the thing missing for their abilities to intensify, so I know for a fact that they will try somehow to come here in the capital." His words held hope, they were so close to catching them, "then, what is your plan?" The king just sat there dangling his head on the palm of his hand gazing at the man that looked too young to have this much power. But, he benefited from him greatly, So he never complained. If it was him, he would have gotten rid of that creature a long time ago.

And Darkon knew that, he knew that he had an imaginary ticking bomb right inside his body, he can kill, he can treat authority figures with disrespect and he could do what he wants because of one thing, and one thing only...they needed him, and his ability. He wasn't actually complaining, he needed the power of being a guardian to catch them and take his revenge. They took way too much from him and he wanted it all back, And he will take all what belonged to him one by one. Even if it took him all eternity.

The announcement of the lieutenant, Darkon's father, asking for permission to see the king made Darkon visibly relax for a moment, he didn't even know that he was tense to begin with.

"Your majesty." The lieutenant bowed and stood up next to the king looking at his son. Darkon acknowledged his presence by a single nod and continued talking. "I think it's time to increase the amount of inner guards, and start training them on the essence tracker. This way they will be able to sense if there was a witch close by, and report it. I will train the new guardian trainees on the technique and  they will help in training the others..." The king raised his hand making Darkon pause talking,band with that gesture his blood lust felt agitated but Darkon kept him at bay.

"The trainees...the progress they are going through is already escalating quickly, are you sure of them Guardian?" He asked his eyes gleaming, Darkon paused for a second, was he sure of them? Yes, he was. Of every one of them, his selection is always on point regarding this matter.

"Yes, your majesty." His response was absolute.

"Then I think it's time that they know that you are a dragon, we need not to postpone it anymore, the trial will happen when they turn sixteen of age, and my son will be back. I want them to protect him." Darkon felt annoyed by the second. You think the only thing happening in this world is for you humans? Is that what you think, your majesty? But Darkon couldn't utter a word of protest. He had every right to, but not now. Not when he needed the power the king, to be held in his grasp.

"I will make sure to tell them once we catch the witch, I know we will catch her soon." He announced, then he smirked in mockery, "and the prince will be well protected, your majesty." He bowed again, but the king didn't comment. This was only a scratch compared to how Darkon treated the throne most of the time.

"I came here to report to your majesty about the things occurring around you, and I ask for your permission in training the common guards as well as the guardians in training." He paused then continued feeling more than only agitated. "If that is your judgement, I will follow it blindly, as always. But I want my son protected." His majesty then dismissed Darkon, and Darkon stood outside the main gates of the main hall, a document in hand, his advisor waiting next to him. "I want you to give these to Guardian Saraya. Some of them require attention..." as he was talking to his advisor, the guards standing next to the gates announced the departure of his father from the king's chamber. Darkon spoke to his advisor quickly giving him the documents abruptly. He jogged towards his departing father and called him in the process, "Father!" The lieutenant paused and turned to look at his son