Chapter 3--Dancing and Late-Night Cookies

"Knock it off, Cedric." I laughed shoving his shoulder and he fell to the grass laughing. "It isn't funny."

"Oh, of course not, princess. You just totally flirted with Malfoy." Cedric said.

"I just helped him with his homework!" I replied, joining him on the ground.

"Oh, Jordan. I love you, but you can be so oblivious sometimes. You offered to help him with homework when you could have been doing something far more interesting."

    "Shut up, Ced." I got up and brushed myself off. "I need to get back to the Common Room. See you there?"

    "You know it, Jordan." He smiled at me, still lying on the grass as I walked into the halls.

    The scene changed into a dark room, Cedric had his wand out and was standing in front of me protectively.

    "Ced?" I asked, confused.

    "Run, Jordan. Run now!" Cedric ordered me, pushing me towards the door, but having it disappear at the last second.

    "Cedric!" I ran back to him and he pulled me close to him.

    "Precious. Killing two birds with one stone, as the Muggles say." Lord Voldemort came out of the shadows, his wand in his hand and Nagini slithering by his feet.

    "Let Jordan go!" Cedric shouted, his voice firm.

    The Dark Lord laughed. "How . . . quaint. AVADA KEDAVRA!!"

    A bolt of green light flew from his wand and smacked into Cedric, sending him flying back.

    "CEDRIC!" I screamed, running up and sliding down next to him, crying when I saw his lifeless eyes staring back at me. "Ced, please don't leave me. Please."

———

I shot up in bed with a scream, footsteps running down the hall and throwing my door open.

    Bill looked around with wild green eyes, his red hair all tangled and sticking up at all ends of his head.

    "What is it?" He asked, looking back at me.

    I blew out a sigh and shook my head, dragging my hand through my dark hair and looking at him—his green eyes meeting my dark brown ones—attempting to smile. "I just had a bad dream."

He walked to my bed and sat down next to me. "You can talk to me, Dani. I know what you're going through."

I nodded. "I know, Bill. I just . . . I need some time to myself before all . . . all the drama and piteous looks and apologies."

He nodded and suddenly got an idea, looking at me with a mischievous smile. "Hey, want to bake cookies?"

I smiled and threw back the covers. "Let's go,"

"Alright. Hop on," he stood up and crouched down so I could climb onto his back. I giggled like a little girl again when he walked down the steps silently with me, trying to make the least amount of noise as possible.

    I got down and I lit my wand, setting it down on the counter and getting out a cookbook, going over to him and opening up the book.

    "What kind of cookies?" I asked.

    ". . . chocolate chip and M&M's were Cedric's favorite." I said, flipping to the page and smiling softly.

    Bill put his hand on my shoulder. "Okay then. Let's get started."