Chapter 11

A/N: Above below or somewhere you'll find the aesthetics I created for Maia and Kaia
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nikolai's POV

Leaving Isabella behind this morning wasn't how I intended for things to go, but I needed to break her mindset about me. She obviously had a problem with fact that I'd murdered that dead beat that owed me money, so what would she think if she knew that I have taken so many lives that over the years, I lost count.

I'm not who she wants me to be. She thinks that I'm someone that she can fix, but she can't. It's impossible, because I'm not broken this is just who I am.

When I woke up this morning I knew I would have to get out of the house with my thoughts, get out the house with her. I had planned to push back work and have breakfast with her, but when I saw the adoration in her eyes when I walked into her room that option immediately went out the door. I needed to leave and fast so I did exactly that.

I call security and let them know that I'll be gone and to keep a close eye on Isabella before I call Gio and let him know that his services won't be needed because I'll be driving myself today. Hanging up the phone, I place it in the front pocket of my black leather jacket and head for the garage.

I have way too vehicles and each one cost me a fortune. I've had each on customized with bulletproof one-way glass and the insides have been changed to my liking. When it comes to cars its safe to say that its and unhealthy obsession, but because I have way too much money I use it to buy things I get a kick from.

Out of all the cars I have I chose my BMW. Its a M4 model one of the best I have and one of my favorites. The soft purr of the engine makes me rev the engine so I can hear it roar. I back out of the garage and start towards the main house.
~~~~~~

When I make it to the main house I spot a few of my men hanging around, but I don't bother with them and they don't bother with me, but each and every one of them nod their heads in respect when I walk by. I head straight for my office and throw myself into all the work I've missed.

The watch on my wrist says it 5 p.m. when I finally look up from my computer. I've spent more time working here than I intended to, so wrap up my current work and shut everything off. I have more work to attend to at one of my clubs so I head upstairs to the room I occupy here. I take a quick shower to freshen up before drying off and throwing on a pair of black jeans and a black shirt. I don't have a whole lot of options here because I don't live here, but since I'm only going to the club it doesn't really matter.

The ride to the club is silent, so I enjoy the peace while I can. In the parking lot of the club I see the amount of cars and I know tonight's going to be a busy one. I need everyone here to discuss tonight's agenda so I call everyone up in the car where I have peace and quiet.

The call to Domenico is made first, he serves as the head Capo, my most trusted soldier and for as long as I can remember my best friend. Maia and Kaia are next up, they're twin that come from a mob that formed in Hawaii years ago. Their father was a piece of scum who used them for the most vile things it makes me sick just thinking about and if I hadn't already done it I'd kill him. They were 15 years old when this all happened so I took them in without a second thought. Although I made it clear to them that they didn't have to be apart of they mafia they gravitated to it easily and now Maia's my tech wiz and Kaia's a sniper. Gage is my strategist, he's a little witty bastard who's smarter than everyone else he knows it so he'll make damn sure you know it too.

I hang up the phone after the last call and head into the club through the back. My office isn't far from the door, but I've been working for hours on end and I need a drink so I head to the VIP section and wait for the others.

They all arrive at different times but its been an hour since I called so I only think one thing. Late. What if the situation had been life or death, hmph, I'd surely be dead If I had to count on the punctuality of these imbeciles.

"Domenico, why are you late?" I ask him calm and composed. He could very well have a reason for being late, so I'll give him a chance to speak.

Domenico sighs before holding the bridge of his nose as shaking his head, "I'm sorry I'm late Jades been driving me up the wall nonstop, she's the most disobedient woman I've ever met." He tells me and he actually looks stressed out it.

"Handle it." I bluntly tell him. We will not have this girl ruining business. I let her survive for one reason and one reason only and that's because Isabella would hate me if I killed her.

Domenico's expression has changed and he know that I won't tolerate incompetence. He knows he's going to have to do something or I will. He's lucky I don't dwell on the situation much because minutes after our chat the others arrive.

"Maia, Kaia, and Gabriel," I tsk in a greeting to them, "Your late."

All three of them seem interested in looking at anything around the room that no me.

"Next time I call, you had better be on time." I say simply, soldiers can get punished to. Their back straighten and their on full alert.

The pure bliss of authority by injecting fear. The devil in me is dancing at the thought, "Let's get down to business."

"