Chapter 5

I woke up the next morning with a start. Sunlight streamed through the windows striking my face with intense heat. My hands immediately felt around my chest. I wasn't wearing a bra. And I was dressed in a large shirt and boxers that weren't mine. Two strong arms held me against a warm, firm body. One around my waist and the other buried in my hair. My head rested on his arm. The sweet and spicy scent of Reyn's cologne filled my nostrils due to the way I had my face shoved into his chest.

Our legs were tangled between one another's. There was no way I could get up without waking him unless he was a deep sleeper. But I had to check the time.

I turned around. The hand that was in my hair before was now grabbing my face. I sighed and grabbed his hand. Daddy let out a groan before unwillingly opening his eyes. So, he was a light sleeper.

"Good morning, baby." His deep, husky voice which was hampered down with sleep had me internally squealing. "Slept well?"

I think I was wet again.

"What time is it?" I asked slowly, still trying to wake myself up. I had class today. I should've gone back home last night, but I guess our evening activities tired me out.

I knelt beside him.

"It's six, princess." His hand came up to brush my cheek. "Lay back down, there's still some time, right? When do you have class?"

"At 8:30. But I need to go back and shower and change and pack my lunch." I listed hurriedly. My chest tightened. The thought of being late made me feel like I was suffocating. Everyone would stare at me while I walked into class. The professor would judge me. People would whisper as I walked past, wondering where I had been, what I had been doing. What in the world possessed me to fall asleep at someone else's house on a Sunday night?!

"Little girl, if you're going to wake up in someone else's house, wearing someone else's shirt, it will be in my house in my shirt with you wrapped around me. You understand?" He reached out to pull me into him, his hand grabbing my face and squishing my cheeks. How he didn't laugh when I resembled a fish was beyond me. Reyn laid on his back now and I hovered over him, my hands holding my weight up on either side. My sleep-tousled hair hung loose framing his face and mine, occluding us from the light like a curtain. I didn't realize I had spoken aloud. My head moved up and down, my cheeks flaming as I nodded.

"Now, I need you to take a deep breath and calm down, can you do that for me, babygirl?" I nodded again, cool air slowly rushing into my lungs through my nose and warm air flowing out. Gratitude filled me at his unyielding tone. I needed that.

"Good girl. I washed the clothes you wore here last night. You can shower and change here. Then, I will drop you off at school, okay? I assume you have everything you need for class?" His hands were pressed against the sides of my head. The slight pressure made me feel relaxed and calmer than before. I wrapped my arms around his neck in relief and slightly squeezed.

"Really, Daddy? Thank you, thank you, thank you." He patted my butt that was sticking up in the air.

"You don't need to thank me, little one. It's what I'm here for, hmm?" He pulled me so I laid on top of him, my bare legs bent on either side. His shirt rode up to either side of my hips revealing a sliver of my stomach against the waistband of the boxers.

"You look so good in my clothes, baby," his hand trailed down my side to rest on my hip. My hands gently rested on his abs. "Maybe I shouldn't have washed your clothes so you could go to school in mine instead," he mused.

I giggled before humming thoughtfully.

"Maybe I could wear the shirt with my sweats? Would that be okay?" I loved the thought of having something of his with me all day. Even now his scent wafted from the shirt to my nose dousing me in tranquil serenity.