47

Jace's soft snores filled my ears as I silently read next to him, laying on my stomach, the both of us covered in sheets.

I glanced at him every now and then, scanning his figure and soft expression as he slept.

I would be sleeping in his arms right now if I hadn't rudely been awaken by the sharp pain of my arm being cut into, being greeted with a message Jonathan had carved into my skin early this morning.

I miss you.

I glanced at the skin the words once were carved in, as they only remained apparent for a few long moment was before I quickly Iratze'd them.

I swallowed hard and refocused my gaze on the page I was just on, escaping into another world once more.

That was until I heard Jace's snores halt for a moment, and then him shifting in the bed.

His hand reached and pushed some hair behind my ear, his raspy, deep voice laced with sleep sounding. "Are you crazy?"

"It depends." I looked at him. "Why are you accusing me of being crazy?"

"It's so early- and you're reading." Jace pointed out the obvious. "Come- let's go back to sleep-"

I reply. "I just got to the good part."

"Pfft-" Jace waved his hand and reached, bookmarking my page, then rid the book from my hands and set it by his side and out of my reach. "Me time-"

"Well, since you've deprived me of anything that holds my interest." I began, earning a glare from Jace, making me softly laugh and scoot into his side, nuzzling my face into the crook of his neck.

"Hey-" I heard him mumble as he wrapped his arms around me, burying his face into my face. "I was thinking today, maybe- we could do something to celebrate your homecoming."

"Can we lay in bed all day?" I requested. "I can read to you- I'll start the book over- or maybe we can get a new book and read it together-"

I could feel Jace weakly smile into my hair. "I was thinking something more— exciting."

"Reading isn't exciting to you?" I drawled and he snorted into my hair. "Fine, what did you have in mind?"

Jace pressed his lips to my head. "How about we keep it a surprise, huh?"

-

"When you said exciting, I didn't think you meant a bookstore." I walked behind Jace down the street, hugging a book to my chest with one arm and holding a milkshake in the other.

"That was purely for your entertainment." Jace had a hand on my back, leading me down the sidewalk. "Your face lit up like a kid getting candy-"

"Where are we going now, then?" I sipped the last of my milkshake and then tossed it in the nearest trash can as he walked me up to a building, that was very clearly closed. My eyes scanned the sign and gathered that it was an ice rink.

Regardless, Jace took out his stele and drew an Unlock rune on the door, prying it open as my eyes widened a bit. "Jace!"

"Shhh- come on-" Jace grabbed my hand and pulled me in with him, leading me through the halls and then into a locker room.

"I knew this was coming- breaking and entering." I teased him. "How romantic."

Jace let go of my hand and rounded the counter that had all the skates behind it. "This way we'll be on our own."

I set my book down. "Since when do you know how to ice skate, Jace?"

"Well, I don't- yet." Jace admitted. "I mean, I was kinda hoping you could show me how it's done."