Ch. 6

Danny had to admit, it was nice to have adults around who knew what they were dealing with. Of course his parents knew about ghosts, but they didn't always know what they were doing. Sam, Dean, and Bobby all seemed to know what this "soul eater" creature was, and they had a game plan to get rid of it. However, within the short few hours Danny was around the three, he realized it would be a very bad, no good, rotten idea to go ghost around them. If he thought his parents were dangerous to go ghost around, these guys were straight up nuclear. Bobby's house was filled to the brim with books and spells, and all sorts of things that would make Danny much more than just half-dead. He knew he'd have to tread carefully if he wanted to make it back home in one piece.

"So, what exactly was the plan for getting rid of this thing again? I'd sorta like to go home sometime soon." Danny spoke, looking up at the three men, who were currently huddled around one table. The table was covered in books, papers, an miscellaneous artifacts.

"We're gonna have to trap it somewhere secure, where hopefully it'll just wither away before anyone finds it or it finds a way out." Bobby explained, holding up a book to show Danny what looked to be chicken-scratches and a large sigil in the center of the page. Danny squinted, making sure to memorize what he could off the page. 

"Speaking of your home, shouldn't your parents be worried about you? From what you've told us, you've been running from this thing for at least a couple weeks." Dean questioned, flipping through a few papers as he talked. The papers were yellowed, an they crinkled softly with every movement. Danny tapped his thumbs together in his lap, not really wanting to answer the question. He had sort of up and left town when he figured out this thing was after him, not wanting it to spread to them as well.

"Well, they probably are. When I left home, I basically dropped everything and ran. I didn't want whatever was coming after me to go after them too. Usually, my friends would cover for me if I was gone for too long, but at this point they're probably worried too." He felt utterly guilty, having left them behind like that, but he refused to put them in harm's way. 

Sam and Dean exchanged knowing glances, respecting that Danny wanted to keep his family and friends safe. If anyone, the brothers knew what it was like to be in that sort of situation. Sam nodded and tossed the book he was reading back onto the table with a loud 'thud', causing Danny to jump slightly. Sam stood and stretched, before sitting down and pinching the bridge of his nose, eye strain no doubt taking hold.

"Even is we can find a place to keep this thing trapped, there's a few ingredients on this list that I doubt we have around here." Sam said with a small sigh. Bobby took one corner of the book, rotating it so that he could read the ingredients list. His eyes scanned over the list before he caught something.

"Bloodstone? I have a couple pieces lying around somewhere." He turned to Danny. "Head into the kitchen and look in the second lower cabinet. There should be a basket full of random crystals." Danny, happy to help and actually get moving, happily obliged. He got up and made his way to the kitchen while Bobby continued over the list.

"Some of these are a given, like salt and silver..." Bobby mumbled. "What in the hell..? Blood blossoms? Haven't had to use anything like that before. Usually its used on poltergeists and more powerful specters, but its some pretty heavy duty stuff." He shrugged. "I'll call up a couple hunters in the area, see if they have any." He closed the book and slid it back towards Sam.

"In the mean time, I'm going to throw up some protection sigils around the place. I don't want that thing tracking the kid here." Dean said, getting up and grabbing a couple spray paint cans. "Don't worry Bobby, I won't spray over anything precious." He chuckled and headed into another room.

Meanwhile, Danny was bent over, fishing around in Bobby's cabinets for the crystals. He was somewhat happy to not have to hear all the hunter gibberish anymore. Once he got back to Amity, it'd take him another week to explain to Sam and Tucker about all the "hunter" stuff he heard about. "Aha! There you are.." He muttered, pulling out a weighted basket of crystals. There was an assortment of gems in the basket, some smooth, some rough, some round, some square. In all honesty, Danny didn't really believe in spiritual healing from crystals and whatnot, but it reminded him of Sam. He frowned lightly and straightened up, closing the cabinet door.

"De..li..cious.." A raspy voice whispered from behind him, the sound echoing into his victim's mind. Danny startled and whirled around, noticing the tall figure behind him. He dropped the basket, crystals sliding across the floor, and pressed himself against the farthest wall, ready to fight. Before he got the chance the figure was upon him; long, slender fingers finding their place around his throat. It's mouth seemed to draw back into a sharp and twisted grin, the crooked teeth separating just so to allow small black smoke particles into its mouth. Danny's eyes widened as he clawed at the figure's hand, passing through the figure as if it wasn't there. His chest felt like it was constricting in on itself, as panic began to set in. He could feel himself growing weaker, as his body threatened to shut down. His breathing picked up as he grew more desperate, grasping at the figure as it pulled him back just enough to slam him into the wall. All of this was happening in an instant.

"Hey!" A voice sounded, and a gunshot rang throughout the house. The figure dissipated into a plume of smoke, and Danny gasped as his legs collapsed, following the wall to the floor. He felt heavy, and his mind felt muddled and foggy. He looked up in time to see the Sam holding a smoking gun, and Dean hurriedly spraying warding sigils on the walls. The group must've been alerted when he dropped the basket. Bobby rushed towards Danny, crouching down next to him.

"Kid, you alright?" Bobby turned Danny's head towards himself, looking between his eyes. "Kid, you gotta stay with me here. Kid!" 

Danny tried to force himself to stay awake, only for his mind to betray him, sending him spiraling into darkness.