Chapter 23

I kept waking up in the middle of the night due to me just being cold. The temperature in the room was like 80 but I was cold to the touch. When morning came around Izuku got up and brought both of us breakfast before he left to go train.

"You didn't have to stay the whole night. I could tell you were sweating..." I mentioned while pulling the plate of eggs and toast closer to me.

"What makes you say that? I was fine!" Izuku lied while drinking some of his orange juice. I looked at him and he just nervously giggled.

"You were sweating to the point that you got up to put ice on you. I saw you with a whole ice pack on your head." I replied while taking a bite out of my eggs. Izuku put a hand behind his neck and just laughed it off.

During the whole time we ate breakfast together Izuku kept on talking about how I should stay in bed until my fever went away. He also mentioned that in a few days we would have a class 1-A vs class 1-B scare fest.

Before Izuku left he checked my temperature and it was at 103. He gave me some water and kissed my forehead before leaving to go train.

That's how the next few days went... Izuku would sleep with me at night, eat breakfast, and then go train. He did this for 3 days straight until the last day of training camp...

"Ugh, I'm so tireddd!" Izuku came up to the bed and put his head on my lap. I moved some of his bangs out of his forehead and he kissed my thigh.

I touched his cheek, tracing the little freckles he had on them. He looked up at me and put his face deeper into my thighs while sighing.

"I need go take a shower since the scare fest is tonight, I'll be right back Y/N!" Izuku gets up from my lap and kissed my cheek while walking out of the door.

I touched my cheek in the exact spot where he kissed it and smiled to myself. I looked over to the counter and got the thermometer to start taking my temperature. It was at 100, but I felt fine.

"What's the temperature? Are you feeling better?" Recovery Girl walked into the room and I turned off the thermometer.

"Oh, hello Recovery Girl. My temperature was back at 98, I'm feeling fine so I'm going to start heading out to go to the scare fest, okay? Thank you." I get up from the bed bowing and then got some extra accessories before leaving the room.

I start walking outside and saw the where the boys were staying at. I leaned up against the wall watching as some other boys from the 2 hero course classes come out.

I waited for a while just on my phone until I heard someone call Izuku's name. I looked up and saw Uraraka looking around.

"He's not out yet." I answer the implied question and she looks at me, slightly furrowing her eyes brows and taking a deep breath.

"Oh L/N, you're feeling better now?" She asks while slowly making her way up to me, eyeing me up and down.

"Isn't that outfit a bit to revealing, L/N? I mean like the boys would think something of you, and I don't want Deku to get embarrassed. Just our class in general that is!" Uraraka points to my outfit.

"I didn't wear this for anyone. I wore this, because I thought that I looked pretty fucking hot in it. Although if some people may think something as you suggest, I wouldn't mind. It's not like I wore it to impress them." I retorted back just staring at her.

I saw Izuku from the corner of my eye, so I turned my head to look at him. He looked right back at me with sparkles in his eyes.

"Y/N! You're here!" Izuku came up to me running and hugged me tightly. He stood there hugging me for a few seconds until Uraraka cleared her throat to get our attention.

"Oh, Uraraka! Sorry, I didn't see you there!" Izuku rubs my arm while giving her a nervous smile. Izuku got off of me to look at her and she just stood there.

She turned around and started walking the opposite way without saying anything to us. "That was weird... I'll talk to her later, in the mean time let's go, Y/N!"

Izuku grabbed my hand and we started walking over to where the scare fest would be at. The rules were pretty simple ; try to make the other class as scared as possible.

"Next pair that will be going is  Shoto Todoroki and Y/N L/N!" One of the class 1-B students read out our names.

"Have fun, Y/N!" Izuku gave me a smile before letting go of my hand. I gave him a smile back and then started walking over to Todoroki who was waiting for me by the entrance.

Once we were both there we started walking around the woods waiting for something to happen. It was dead silent... Almost as if we took the wrong route.

"We've been walking for about 3 minutes and nothing has happened. Did we take the right way?" I ask Todoroki and he shrugs.

"Mayb-"

We heard a twig snap behind us, and we both turned around quickly. Nothing was there, but we kept on hearing some whispers and creaks every now and then.

Todoroki got closer to me and accidentally bumped up against me. "Sorry..." He murmured while holding my hand to see if I was okay.

"It's fine, we're almost done anyways." I replied back. Todoroki nodded and kept on holding my hand while we kept on walking. Maybe it was a comfort thing for him, or he was still holding it subconsciously. Whatever the case was I let

"Do you smell that too or is that just me?" I ask Todoroki while picking up the scent of burning wood. Todoroki turned to me and nodded his head slowly.

"Do you think it's apart of the scare fest? Maybe they're burning someone alive on a cross." Todoroki suggests while looking ahead.

"I think that's called murder, Todoroki..." I let him know and he just sighs. We kept on walking for a while until someone came out of the bushes.

"Uh, I know this is breaking character, but do you guys also smell burning wood?" Someone from class 1-B comes out of hiding to ask us.

We nodded out head and heard a distant screaming coming from inside the woods. Other members of class 1-B came out and we all looked at them to see who was doing it.

"Let's go. We have to go check if the rest of the class is okay." Todoroki gripped onto my hand tighter and started running to the end.