Special Chapter - The True Him

Kamuro POV

I was standing in front of the Keyaki mall. When was he going to show up? It seems he had noticed that I've been ignoring him since last few days so he arranged a coffee between us. When I first met Ayanokouji, I never thought much about our meet. I still remember the bus ride as if it was yesterday. He entered the bus and came to take a seat beside me. I just ignored him.

But he still tried to keep conversation with me. That was the first time in four years I had actually talked to someone. I just couldn't speak with anyone after what happened that day.

I remember her words as if she spoke them yesterday, 'I hate you'.

I couldn't understand why my own blood sister was hating me. She was the ideal student in school. Everyone looked up to her. She excelled in sports and academics. But yet she hated me. I could hear her crying when I passed through her rooms sometimes. Even though she hated me, I knew. She was going through lot of pain. Everyone looked at the ideal girl she had made herself into. None of them were interested in her feelings.

So, when she died, it was as if I lost a part of me. I still remember that day, we were supposed to celebrate my birthday. But she never came. She was killed in a store robbery. Shot three times on the chest. What was her mistake? Why did she have to die?

I can't understand it. So, I tried to take her place. I tried to become perfect just like she was. An ideal for other students. In the process I stopped talking with anyone. I was all alone. But my hard work did reward me handsomely. I won many competitions and always topped any examination. But my parent's behaviour also changed after her death. They rarely spoke to me. Just giving me a sad smile when I topped the class or won a competition. They never felt happy for my achievements as they felt for my sister's.

Was this there way of saying they never wanted me in the first place?

I removed those thoughts from my mind as I saw Ayanokouji across the road talking on his phone. Then he turned towards the school and started walking. I was curious, I knew Ayanokouji. He would never go to school building on his own when we were supposed to meet. He valued the meeting more than anything else.

I started to follow him, keeping a safe distance. It was crowded so it was impossible for him to spot me.

As I followed him, I thought about Ayanokouji.

At first, I thought I loved him. But then I realized, it wasn't love. I was just depending on him. I just needed someone. I needed someone so I can escape from my past and not face it. I was just being a coward. Me and Ayanokouji have different lives, I can't mix both of them. We...just aren't meant to be together,

I saw as he headed in the direction of staff room after entering the main building of the school. I waited until he was out of my sight then made my way to the building following him. Was he in trouble? I wanted to be by his side and support him but that wasn't possible. Nothing was possible. Everything was a lie since start. I doubt he even considers me as a friend. But still, I wish to be with him.

I hid behind the corner of the corridor behind a wall. I peeked to see him enter a room. Chabashira Sensei left as soon as he entered that room. Once I checked no one was there I made my way to the room in which he went. When I reached there, I was shocked. It was the chairman's room. Why would the chairman want to meet Ayanokouji?

Was he really in some trouble? I decided to eavesdrop the conversation inside. As I put my ears on the door, I heard a voice.

It wasn't a voice I was used to. It was cruel, indifferent.