Surprise

Cove's POV
It's been a week since River and I made up, and he's been clingier than ever. The day after it happened, he barely even let me go to the bathroom alone. We spent the entire day Saturday and Sunday together, laying in bed and doing nothing but watching movies.

It was quite cute honestly, how worried and protective he was. I think he was worried that I would regret what we did. I don't though, not at all.

Hey baby, can you come over? I have a surprise for you <3

I received that text right as I stepped out of the shower. I smiled and quickly responded;

Sure, I'll be there in an hour x

I wonder what the surprise will be. Oh, maybe it's ice cream!

With that thought in mind, I hurriedly dressed in a sweater with a jacket on top. It finally snowed yesterday, so it's pretty cold outside.

After putting on some boots, I told my parents goodbye and got in my car. I can't wait to see the surprise.

🌊 🌊 🌊
I knocked on River's door and waited anxiously. A few moments later, he opened the door.

"Oh hey baby, just on time. Come in." He moved to the side and let me walk through before shutting the door behind us.

"The surprise is in the living room so close your eyes," he instructed.

I obeyed and closed my eyes. River stood behind me and covered them to make sure.

"I know you had a really rough week last week, so I decided to try and make it up to you. I know nothing will ever fix the fact that I lied to you, but I hope this will at least make up for the hard week you had. I love you so much, baby."

He grabbed my shoulder and lead me to the living room. "Sit on the couch for a moment and don't open your eyes," he instructed.

I sat down like he asked and heard some shuffling followed by a familiar whimper. Then something was placed in my lap.

"Okay, you can open your eyes now."

I opened my eyes and blinked a few times, looking down at the thing on my lap.

"BUBBLES!"

She barked excitedly and stood up with her arms on my chest. I kissed her head and picked her up, rubbing her belly as she licked all over my face.

"Ohh Boo-Boo I missed you! I thought I would never get to see you again."

She's grown a lot since I last saw her. Don't get me wrong, she's still pretty small, but she's not a baby anymore.

"I know you really like her and you were sad you couldn't adopt her, so I did. She's your dog, but she'll live at my house under my registration," River explained.

"River thank you, I love her thank you. I love you."

"I love you too," he smiled as he sat beside me. Bubbles instantly climbed on his lap, making me pout. River laughed and moved her to lay with her head on my lap, and her body on his.

"It was my idea!" Azalea came down the stairs with a huge smirk on her face.

"No, it wasn't! It was my idea," River countered.

"No, I came up with it!"

"You did not. How would you even know about Bubbles? She told me about her, not you."

"All I'm hearing is excuses."

I giggled at their argument and laid my head on River's shoulder. I'm sure this was his idea, but I'm gonna tease him anyways.