Act II: Epilogue

The song for this chapter is "Tonight You Belong To Me," by Patience & Prudence.

Third Person POV

Escorted by guards, Seneca Crane walks down a hallway and into an elegant room through a set of double doors. To his surprise, no one is waiting for him, and the heavy doors of the chamber close behind him. He turns around and jiggles the handle, but it's no use. They're not opening. The door is locked.

Now wary, Seneca glances around the room and cautiously walks deeper into the room. However, there isn't much. The only thing other than the white panelled walls and white marble floors is a small round table in the middle of the room, and on it, a small—predictably coloured—white box. A now sweating Seneca carefully moves to open the box. Inside is a lone dagger.

"I asked them to at least make it entertaining for me," says a female voice. His face instantly drops and pales when he realizes who is behind him.

The man lunges forward with the knife, but his hand is quickly re-directed by the woman's forearm with a braided bracelet on it. She knees him in the groin and then twists his arm, hyperextending it before using her other hand to push into his elbow with tremendous force, effectively breaking it.

Not at all in a rush, the woman bends down to pick up the dagger, her long dark hair sweeping the floor as she bends. Simultaneously, a fallen Seneca starts to army crawl towards the door in a desperate attempt to get away, even though there is no chance the guards will open the doors for him.

"You seem to like the Games so much, I figured you might want to play," says the woman in a smooth, condescending voice. Her face finally comes into view. It's Octavia Jones, the sister of Cato. And she's out for revenge.

Seneca starts to yell for the guards outside to help him as Octavia hysterically laughs at the sight. A knife lodges itself into Seneca's back as he screams in pain, not a lethal spot, but his blood makes a wet spot on his jacket and seeps onto the floor.

"This might take a while, hope you don't mind," says Octavia, danger seeping into her voice as she slowly starts to drag Seneca backwards and out of view, leaving a small trail of smudged blood behind.

~~~

That's all for this act, folks! This scene obviously replaces the one in the movie where Seneca is left in the room with the berries. Right after this, it would cut to the Caesar Flickerman show's recap of Katniss and Peeta's victories and their victories ceremony.

I want to give an immense shout out to AHardox for just listening to me ramble about my story, thank you so much.

Also to hpsisterpjsister for their help, and grayjoys who beta'd a large majority of the chapters in this act.

And thank you to my regular commenters, you guys regularly make my day.