|| 075|| Long Distance 🦋 O/An

Art by izumi sai on Danbooru

Uruha Rushia x !GN!Reader

A gift for my Rushia loving friend(s). Btw, I'm gonna call you out @mihoyosbillpayer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And don't forget to sleep well! Make sure you're eating healthy! I swear, if I find out you're drinking 2 Monsters a day again I will fly all the way-" You gently cut off Rushia with a kiss to the forehead. The necromancer quieted down, enjoying the affection you were giving her. Both of you felt the bitter sweetness it in, knowing it would probably be one of the last times you would be able to kiss in a long time.

Around you, people milled about. Some dressed in sharp suits, suitcases trailing noiselessly behind them. Others wearing more casual wear, children yelling and laughing as they chased each other about.

"I'm serious about the Monster thing" Rushia piped up, a scary glint in her eye. You nervously scratched the back of your head.

"Ok, I promise. Besides, I haven't had any in a week" Rushia's gaze softened, a few tears pricking at the corner of her eyes.

Out of nowhere, Rushia jumped forward, wrapping you in a tight hug. Her turquoise hair tickled your nose, and she pressed her face into the crook of your neck. You could see her back shaking as she tried to stifle her tears.

Immediately, your brought your hands up to brush through her hair, something that always calmed her down. You felt Rushia squeeze you a little tighter, but the shaking stopped.

After a few more minutes of hugging, Rushia hesitantly let go, stepping back and wiping away any remaining tears. She gave you a small smile to show that she was feeling somewhat better.

She opened her mouth to say something, but was cut off as someone announced your flight was now boarding. You and Rushia both exchanged a sad look. She quickly gave you one last kiss, wrapping her arms around your neck before you grabbed your luggage, giving her one last headpat before you moved towards the gate.

Rushia waved as your departing form, watching giving her one as you moved past the flight attendant and then out of sight.

The necromancer let out a sigh, just standing there for who knows how long. She was vaguely aware of security eyeing her warily considering she wasn't moving to get on another flight (and the fact that she had to use her powers to sneak past TSA since she wasn't actually allowed through security). She shot them a dead glare, crimson eyes freezing them in place.

Rushia shook her head and disappeared into the crowd, flicking a few specks of magic around with her fingers before seemingly bleeding out of existence. She pulled out her phone, now invisible to everyone except a select few, i.e. her genmates. There were several texts from Flare and Pekora, telling her they were parking outside. Rushia slipped her phone away, slipping emotionlessly through groups of people.

Several thoughts crowded her mind. Various ways of catching each other on facetime so you could just talk about your day, or as Rushia would find out, week or even month. Obviously, a long distance relationship wasn't the best situation, considering Rushia streamed so often and you had a job that took up most of your time.

Rushia wrapped her arms around herself, remembering the warmth you brought her whenever you did the same. She didn't even notice that she had reached the parking lot until she felt a hand gripping her shoulder gently.

A familiar face with wine red hair gave her a gentle smile. Marine nodded her head towards where Pekora was leaning an arm out of a company car's window. She had sunglasses on which contrasted oddly with the fluffy blue and white beanie Moona had given her. Marine opened the door, letting Rushia get in first.

Noel was giving these lovey-dovey eyes towards Flare, who was currently making sure Rushia was okay. Rushia knew she would make those same eyes whenever she saw you doing something cute (which was when you were doing pretty much anything). Rushia didn't listen to Flare, and instead just brought her knees up to her chin, trying to shove out all those warm memories of you and her. Flare caught on rather quickly, and just moved back over to Noel.

Rushia was grateful. Maybe she would talk to her genmates later to get some of this off her chest, but for now she just wanted to curl up in her bed. In the covers that still smelt like you. Rushia cracked a small smile, remembering the hoodies you left her.

It would be hard, but Rushia was determined to make this long distance thing work.