𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧

"So that's it? No more karate?" Demetri asked in a not so sentimental way toward Miguel, who's face was still pretty bruised and beat in

"So that's it? No more karate?" Demetri asked in a not so sentimental way toward Miguel, who's face was still pretty bruised and beat in. The four sat in the library, Alaska changing all their schedules yesterday to have their free period together. Eli turned his paper for Alaska to look down at his math notes.

"I guess so." Miguel said with a minor shrug, keeping his head down. Alaska sighed, seeing his clear disappointment.

"It's probably for the best." Demetri said as Alaska dropped her pen to stare at him in disbelief, "It was starting to boost your confidence."

"Demetri, what exactly do you have against confidence?" Alaska said with a eye roll, stare at him as the dark haired boy rose his eyebrows her way.

"Did you forget what happened when you had confidence?" he asked as Alaska went red in the face at the sudden memory, "Breaking your nose on the diving board and loosing your top in the process.."

"Okay, lets not talk about it." Alaska said quickly to try and stop, the three hadn't mentioned last summer since it happened and right now, with Eli red in the face, was the worst moment to do so, "Miguel, I can try to convince your mom to let you back in, i'll say we're doing it together."

"Thanks, Lasca, but I don't think she's budging." he said with a sigh in defeat before nodding to her, "You should though, get your bellybutton ring back."

"No, absolutely not. Because then she'll get confidence and we'll be right back to where it started." Demetri said in disbelief as the librarian shhed him from across the way, having his hands go up in surrender.

"Well, I thought it was kind cool how you stood up to Kyler." Eli said in a soft voice, looking toward Miguel with innocent eyes.

"Are you insane?" Demetri jump in before he could go on, Alaska threw her pen at his chest with a warning look, "Let me ask you. What is the best superpower anyone could have?"

"Super strength." Miguel said confidently.

"Mind manipulation." Alaska corrected him with a snap of her fingers before looking to Demetri, "I would make you shut the hell up."

"You're both wrong." Demetri said quickly toward the pair, "Invisibility."

"Why? So you can sneak into the girls locker room and wank it?" Alaska asked in disbelief as Eli laughed next to her while Demetri looked in disbelief.

"What type of man do you think I am?" he asked her in disbelief with a crazed look.

"The type of man who thinks women can receive hand jobs, apparently." she said back to him, Miguel was the one to laugh this time and hold his sore ribs in pain.

"A distant second would be super speed to run away fast." Demetri said with a shrug and a knowing look.

"Run away from who?" a new voice said as Kyler leaned down and put his hand on Eli's shoulder. Alaska eyed him as she shut her notebooks quickly, shoving them into her bag.