20.

a couple weeks went by, they were hard. the only enjoyment you truly felt was when you'd sleep or hang out with helen.

depression started, and your anxiety got worse.
you couldn't keep living like this. living up to someone's expectations, trying to fit in. this felt like being back in school. you had nowhere else to go so you felt trapped.

this repeated every day, a month or two went by and you grew tired of it. tired of living with scary people. tired of seeing and hearing stuff about people dying. this isn't what you wanted. you wanted to live a normal life. yes you want helen by your side but not like this. he would never be convinced to leave this place.

"you okay?" helen asked, he asked this almost every 20 minutes, but it didn't bother you, you liked that he cared and noticed how miserable you started to get.

"yeah, i'm okay." you said as you quickly turned your head to him while smiling, "are you sure? just tell me the truth please." he said as he put his hand on top of yours, "yeah i promise." you said looking away.

he wasn't convinced but you didn't have much energy to really seem like everything really was okay. "well, we have to go soon." he said as he kissed your cheek.

"i know." you simply said, kissing him back gently. affection between you both started to get hard to hide, helen would sneak in kisses when nobody was looking and you'd do the same thing.

you remember your guys first time. he was passionate and gentle at first then at the end a bit rough but not in a bad way, it was perfect.

you got off him and shook the memory out of your head, "what's wrong?" he asked, "oh, it was nothing." you said smirking, he totally knew though. you made it obvious.

"soon okay?" he whispered as he pushed your hair behind your ear, "okay don't make me wait too long." you whispered back while smiling.

you both stood up and left the mansion.

you looked around and it was dark, "it's starting to get cold." you said as you shivered a little, "yeah kind of, not really." he responded back as he took your hand into his.

you looked around and saw the same old trees, you started to remember where everything was, which paths you can take and which ones took longer than others.

after about 15-20 minutes of walking, you saw a lamppost that was somewhat far away, that meant you guys were close to getting out of the woods.

"we're almost there" helen said as he let go of your hand and put on his mask. your stomach dropped, you knew what was going to happen but you kind of started to get used to it which you hated so much.

"okay.." you said quietly, taking a small sigh.
"i wont take too long, i promise." he said as he lifted up his mask to kiss you, you loved that he reassured you but hated knowing what he'd do every time he left.

"okay, i love you be careful, don't get caught." you said as you kissed him back, "i love you too (y/n)." he said as he adjusted his mask back.

you watched him continue walking until you couldn't see him anymore. you stayed back, like always and waited until he came back.

20 minutes or so went by, and you heard footsteps. you look up and see helen, covered in blood, like always. the next step was hard, you also had to be covered in blood so it really did seem like you were apart of it.