Chapter 31: The Trouble With Human Beings (Brief/ Final Part Three)

Chapter 31: The Trouble With Human Beings (Brief/Final Part Three) 

(Media Cover created by: @LujocaThank you for reading another chapter and thanks to those people that took the time to read my new book "The Bad Girl, The Delinquent and Me." I just posted it and I would love the feedback from you guys.

*

"I thought we wouldn't accept her onto the team until she pull through evaluation!" 

"I think you're forgetting who the captain of this team really is. You were demoted and I was promoted. I make the rules and you don't."

I couldn't believe all of this was happening because of me. One nerd was upsetting the balance of the high school stereotype way. I had caused a cheerleader to go against her own kind. 

"But Bianca we've made the rules together since we were in diapers. We're suppose to be like Taylor and Selena forever. Like-" Bianca cut Serena off from her long list of beginning comparisons.

"What do you have against her? She hasn't done anything to you."

Serena was lost for words and it somewhat terrified me since she had a comeback for everything. But then the words that departed her mouth were what I or anyone in this room was never prepared for.

"It's either her or me."

The girls who was listening attentively around us gasped in shock. It was literally one of those gasping moments where even the huge fan in the gym for some anonymous reason stopped spinning and everything in the room fell quiet. Even Ralph stopped sweeping.

Kelly shot me a sincere look as I was between the bickering two. 

"You're being ridiculous, Serena. You both can contribute to the team. This--" Bianca started

"Read my lips, Bianca Archer. Her or me." Serena repeated a second time more slowly

Bianca ran her hands through her blonde hair. I could see in her eyes that she didn't want to make this decision, but being a leader included all the tough decisions and we all knew the answer.

"Cerise." She started, the sound of her saying my name unlike the other times made my stomach do some nervous action. On top of everyone staring at us.

"Welcome to the team."